Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Turkey Lake, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Tesla yesterday:
2014-11-26_15-24-32.jpg

Stopped by Turkey Lake tonight just to get enough juice while we spend the week at Disney.
Three other Teslas while we were there. One from Atlanta, one from Orlando, other unknown.
Started with 50 miles and ramped up to 114kwh to start.

Also used the Turkey Lake SC on my trip to Disney and then Hobe Sound Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Did so in a driving rain storm. Poor guy next to me plugged in and walked into the plaza. When he came out, he discovered the charger wasn't working and had to start all over. He was not happy.

I used the first charger closest to the building. Worked great. Just wish I didn't have to spend a couple of bucks on the turnpike to access it.

Just got back to Jupiter from a trip to Orlando via Ft. Drum Supercharger, Turkey Lake Supercharger, and Chargepoint charger at EPCOT. Wonderful to have Superchargers at the turnpike rest stops. The 4 chargepoint chargers at EPCOT let you park at the very front of the lot only a few steps from the entrance. (Make sure you follow the EV signs so that you don't have to wait in line) It does cost a bit to charge (14c/kwh)
but the great location is worth it and it's always nice to top off before the drive home.

Just wish I didn't have to spend a couple of bucks on the turnpike to access it.

Superchargers on toll roads are theoretically less likely to to suffer use by locals and leaves more chargers free for long-distance travelers. I'm not sure if use by locals is a problem yet, but it likely will be some day. If the toll costs more than the electricity, the incentive is gone.

Just got back to Jupiter from a trip to Orlando via Ft. Drum Supercharger, Turkey Lake Supercharger, and Chargepoint charger at EPCOT. Wonderful to have Superchargers at the turnpike rest stops. The 4 chargepoint chargers at EPCOT let you park at the very front of the lot only a few steps from the entrance. (Make sure you follow the EV signs so that you don't have to wait in line) It does cost a bit to charge (14c/kwh)
but the great location is worth it and it's always nice to top off before the drive home.
Have they changed the cost of the Epcot chargers? They were 35c per Kwh.

Welcome to Orlando. Don't have to plan for a charger anymore. Nice photo. I like the location of these chargers being able to pull in instead of carefully backing up to most other Superchargers. I hope Tesla adds more of these kind for this reason.

Welcome to Orlando. Don't have to plan for a charger anymore. Nice photo. I like the location of these chargers being able to pull in instead of carefully backing up to most other Superchargers. I hope Tesla adds more of these kind for this reason.

Except when you have kids in the back who open the door without looking. Sigh.