Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Turlock, CA - 3000 Countryside Dr. (probably cancelled)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the permit is cancelled now, yet there is another permit still pending (pic belwo). I also contacted TID and this is what they had to say (pic below)
View attachment 525148 View attachment 525149 View attachment 525150
Looks like the permit is cancelled now, yet there is another permit still pending (pic belwo). I also contacted TID and this is what they had to say (pic below)
View attachment 525148 View attachment 525149 View attachment 525150

I also got word that TID was contacted this February about building in the target parking lot.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
AAD22C94-C3DE-47EA-BAA1-23C52C5249B2.jpeg
Tesla is back at it again. New permit was created within the last few days. This is a follow up to the 2018 permit that originally started this thread but at some point was canceled.

Update Nov. 25th. 2020. Turlock building division plans to go forward with new chargers at 3000 Countryside Dr. in the Target Parking Lot.

The head of Planning division also reached out earlier in April stating they are still in contact with Tesla.

Below is an email with building division.

Attachments

• B332B086-2325-48FB-B1A7-D5A553EFEEA9.png
    B332B086-2325-48FB-B1A7-D5A553EFEEA9.png
    496.5 KB · Views: 105
I’ve actually heard from very reputable sources that there’s a second supercharger, in addition to the one at Target, in planning right now on Countryside either at the Staples/Walmart parking lot or the Food Maxx parking lot. I haven’t been able to search for permits since the city website doesn’t let you search by name, only by address. If anyone else is savvy enough to search a different way then it would definitely be a good find.

I’ve actually heard from very reputable sources that there’s a second supercharger, in addition to the one at Target, in planning right now on Countryside either at the Staples/Walmart parking lot or the Food Maxx parking lot. I haven’t been able to search for permits since the city website doesn’t let you search by name, only by address. If anyone else is savvy enough to search a different way then it would definitely be a good find.
I found an already running EA charging station, but I only searched four addresses (three of them which you listed). I can try to search other addresses later.
upload_2021-1-6_16-12-49.png

It appears FoodMaxx has a partnership with EVgo so it's possible that may be the new charging station: https://www.foodmaxx.com/company-profile

I found an already running EA charging station, but I only searched four addresses (three of them which you listed). I can try to search other addresses later.
View attachment 625109

It appears FoodMaxx has a partnership with EVgo so it's possible that may be the new charging station: https://www.foodmaxx.com/company-profile
This actually came from someone at TID and they have been working with Tesla on these sites. The problem is it isn’t specifically the Walmart or Food Maxx addresses used for the permit. I guess it could be any of the addresses used at any of the stores in either of the two shopping centers (for example Applebee’s, Staples, etc) since it’s going to be at any point in those parking lots. Only problem is there’s dozens of stores and addresses between the two shopping centers. Either way I’ll look up some myself in the next day or two to see if I find a permit that’s been filed.

Any luck with permits? Any ETAs from your sources?
No ETAs but I talked my source at TID this week and they told me that the site at Target is stuck in limbo trying to get an easement and has been stuck on that since 2018. Tesla specifically is still actively pursuing this site but it will be a while before that clears up and they start building.

The 2nd site for Turlock is on the parking lot on Countryside right next to Baskin Robbins, near Staples. That site is either 12 or 16 stalls and is likely to get built first before the Target site although I haven't seen any permits on the city website yet for that one.

There is also a 3rd site being built at the Hatch Rd. W. exit on the Ceres/Modesto border in the vicinity of Starbucks, 7-11, Taco Bell, and the old Kmart. That is also going to be an 8 stall site when it's all said and done. I'm not sure where to look for permits on that one though.

The 2nd site for Turlock is on the parking lot on Countryside right next to Baskin Robbins, near Staples. That site is either 12 or 16 stalls and is likely to get built first before the Target site although I haven't seen any permits on the city website yet for that one.
According to the Stanislaus County ARCGIS, the parcel numbers for the parking lots next to the Baskin Robbins are 088016022 and 088016020. No open permits show under those APNs. The adjacent Walmart parking lot, APN 088016018, doesn’t show any open permits either, but it does show two prior completed permits for vehicle charging stations.

Drove on the 99 yesterday and saw that the Merced Chargers are almost complete. There was a team of 15 people with hardhats working on the station.

Meanwhile in the neighboring city... Turlock. I drove at the baskin robbins location. It has tons of parking spaces to the right of the building that could look like charging spots.

Anyone got updates to the progress in turlock?

I think with Merced open now the priority for this location has taken a bit of a back seat.

I also noticed that Madera popped up on the map as coming soon - the 99 is finally getting the love it needs.
Yea the Bakersfield (in the city proper) one was also going to fill a key gap on the 99 but that got pushed back to 2022 also. Buttonwillow, Bakersfield (I-5), and Tejon Ranch will continue to be a hot mess until this gap gets filled. Madera and Turlock at this point will just address capacity and not gaps.

Yea the Bakersfield (in the city proper) one was also going to fill a key gap on the 99 but that got pushed back to 2022 also. Buttonwillow, Bakersfield (I-5), and Tejon Ranch will continue to be a hot mess until this gap gets filled. Madera and Turlock at this point will just address capacity and not gaps.
I would love the gap between Bakersfield and Visalia be filled. That is 80 miles of no chargers and I feel like somewhere in between like Delano, CA would be great.

Reactions: 1100MCM