Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tusayan, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There has been reports of a supercharger sighting in Tusayan (Grand Canyon Village), on the south side of The Grand Hotel. 8-10 stalls.

No photos provided though - and it isn't on Tesla's planned map, so thought I would ask for additional confirmation here before adding to supercharge.info.

It looks like about here:
Google Maps

Surely someone nearby wants to go for a drive? :)

Bump...

I guess it's not somewhere that people are driving past all the time... but still .. no one?
I think the nearest TMC members are in Flagstaff which is over an hour away. And like you say, basically no one is "just passing through" this area. There are of course many tourists who visit Grand Canyon, especially in summer, but not many are bringing their Tesla. It's a difficult place to get in and out of with a Tesla until this thing gets built.

I think the nearest TMC members are in Flagstaff which is over an hour away. And like you say, basically no one is "just passing through" this area. There are of course many tourists who visit Grand Canyon, especially in summer, but not many are bringing their Tesla. It's a difficult place to get in and out of with a Tesla until this thing gets built.

I would've thought you'd have popped up there within 48 hours, @PLUS EV :)

I'm cautious about adding sites to supercharge.info with no evidence, as I've added one in a similar situation before (someone "saw the stalls from their car as they were driving past" - but further reconnaissance found nothing). I think I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and add this one - maybe the appearance on the map will cause someone to go have a look? :)

This was true until last year. One had to charge full in Flagstaff, and be careful driving around in the park, so one could comfortably reach Page on the way out.

This year I found 3 Destination Chargers in the Yavapai Lodge parking lot that made the trip very easy.
Even if you are spending only a couple of hours on the rim, that should give you enough juice to continue on your trip.
Several non-tesla chargers have been added as well.

Of course, an SC there is a welcome change. I do wish that Tesla made it a priority to improve Tesla access to all National Parks: Glacier, Big Bend, Guadelupe come to mind.

I was in Tusayan just last weekend, staying at the hotel directly across the street (the Best Western). I wish I'd known, I would have looked. The BW has two outstanding destination chargers, incidentally, two at over 70 amps, which is nearly Urban Supercharger power all by themselves. Nonetheless I'm really glad to hear about this one, because I want to go to the South Rim more often in future.

We have a member of our local club in Minnesota post this in our Facebook group: "We just got back from our first cross country trip in our 85d. Grand canyon was awesome. There's a few destination chargers with the j chargers at a Lodge in the village. And I did see the supercharger under construction just south of the park. Looked like it was almost done."

I was in Tusayan just last weekend, staying at the hotel directly across the street (the Best Western). I wish I'd known, I would have looked. The BW has two outstanding destination chargers, incidentally, two at over 70 amps, which is nearly Urban Supercharger power all by themselves. Nonetheless I'm really glad to hear about this one, because I want to go to the South Rim more often in future.

70A is not 72kWh. Not even close.

We just saw this today. The chargers are clearly visible but there is still orange construction netting cordoning off the area. I'll try to get some pictures when we had past that spot again today.
Ok, good new. Really good news!!! This is more massive than I first saw. There are a total of 12 supercharging stations and 8 destination chargers. Nothing is working yet but if you drive a Tesla, the Grand Canyon will soon be just another stop that you don't really have to plan for. Pretty exciting. Uploading images now...

Ok, good new. Really good news!!! This is more massive than I first saw. There are a total of 12 supercharging stations and 8 destination chargers. Nothing is working yet but if you drive a Tesla, the Grand Canyon will soon be just another stop that you don't really have to plan for. Pretty exciting. Uploading images now...

Attachments

• IMG_7043.jpg
    IMG_7043.jpg
    730.4 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_8666.jpg
    IMG_8666.jpg
    651.7 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    803.8 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_6597.jpg
    IMG_6597.jpg
    957.7 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    577.9 KB · Views: 811
  • IMG_3218.jpg
    IMG_3218.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_7302.jpg
    IMG_7302.jpg
    933 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_5002.jpg
    IMG_5002.jpg
    883 KB · Views: 405
Tusayan, AZ

Along ... AZ-64. That's it.

To: Page, AZ (AZ-64, US-89) - 141.8 miles
To: Blanding, UT (AZ-64, US-89, US-160, US-191) - 256.5 miles*
To: Poncha Spring, CO (AZ-64, US-89, US-160, CO-12, US-285) - 511.6 miles*
To: Farmington, NM (AZ-64, US-89, US-160, US-64, NM-170, local) - 288.4 miles
To: Flagstaff, AZ (AZ-64, I-40) - 80.5 miles
To: Wickenburg, AZ (AZ-64, I-40, AZ-89, AZ-89A, local, AZ-CR-10, AZ-CR-15, AZ-89, US-93) - 184.6 miles
To: Quartzsite, AZ (AZ-64, I-40, AZ-89, AZ-89A, local, AZ-CR-10, AZ-CR-15, AZ-89, US-60, I-10) - 261.4 miles
To: Kingman, AZ (AZ-64, I-40) - 166.5 miles
To: St. George, UT (AZ-64, US-89,US-89A,AZ-389/UT-59,UT-9,I-15) - 278.6 miles

South side of the Grand Canyon.

* Route passes through Kayenta, AZ. Just sayin'.
(To: a grocery store in Kayenta, AZ (AZ-64, US-89, US-160) - 156.2 miles)