Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tusayan, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a Model 3, he's starting at a disadvantage compared to most of the participants.
I think you're talking about having to pay for supercharging, but an LR Model 3 is actually the most advantageous model for this contest due to higher efficiency and faster charging times. Hell, I would probably come out ahead with an LR M3 simply because I would be on the road for a few days less and therefore have to spend less money on hotels and other expenses, not to mention the time savings.

I think you're talking about having to pay for supercharging, but an LR Model 3 is actually the most advantageous model for this contest due to higher efficiency and faster charging times. Hell, I would probably come out ahead with an LR M3 simply because I would be on the road for a few days less and therefore have to spend less money on hotels and other expenses, not to mention the time savings.

I interpreted it as having only had my model 3 for one year, I have not had the opportunity to travel to as many superchargers as others with model S or X who may have had them for longer time than anyone with a model 3’s

Anyone notice this has been removed off PlugShare? Still doesn’t show on in-car nav either...

Any supercharger location added to Plugshare by a user is unofficial and is generally removed by Plugshare admins. This is because the "supercharger" plug type is not selectable by users and so people enter it with an incorrect type, often a Tesla destination charger or a wall outlet. The actual supercharger data is imported directly from Tesla, although as you notice there is often a delay between the supercharger going live and appearing on Teslas nav/website.

More discussion at: Superchargers on PlugShare

Reactions: SilverSp33d3r
Just called the The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon and the front desk person said the superchargers there ARE WORKING but he didn't see any Tesla charging.

Would any one be kind enough to:
Confirm with pics the Tusayan, AZ supercharger is online and working as well as the kW charge rate?

• Informative
Reactions: Oil Freedom
I can confirm they are operational. Here is my charge summary from this morning.

Screenshot_2019-11-04 Charge Totals.png

I emailed Tesla this past summer about the need for a Kayenta SC and others. However, if you can top off at the Destination Chargers in Tuba City, AZ (PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You), that may help you to make it from the Grand Canyon to the SCs in Blanding, UT or Farmington, NM. We were able to make it to Farmington in our 2012 Model S 85 by stopping in Tuba City.
Regarding the Kayenta, AZ Supercharger station ... anyone with any recent recon on this site? I have a trip in late Dec and based on previous posts, it appears Tesla's "Target opening in 2019" comment is inaccurate. Wonder if I can call ahead for road side service a few miles south of Blanding?!

I'll email [email protected] for my vote to put one in there.