Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tusayan, AZ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jacob Lake? Kanab?
No, I didn't, but I agree that Jacob Lake and Kanab would be very helpful in visiting the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the parks/monuments in Southern Utah.

In addition to Tusayan and Kayenta, my requests were for:
- Durango, CO for better access to the San Juan Mountains, Mesa Verde, and drives between Colorado and the Grand Canyon
- Cody, WY ("coming soon") for access to Yellowstone from the east
- Pinedale, WY for driving southeast from Jackson, WY and the Grand Tetons

Reactions: vespax
No, I didn't, but I agree that Jacob Lake and Kanab would be very helpful in visiting the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and the parks/monuments in Southern Utah.

In addition to Tusayan and Kayenta, my requests were for:
- Durango, CO for better access to the San Juan Mountains, Mesa Verde, and drives between Colorado and the Grand Canyon
- Cody, WY ("coming soon") for access to Yellowstone from the east
- Pinedale, WY for driving southeast from Jackson, WY and the Grand Tetons
Well, you don't have to request Tusayan as construction has already started, so we have some good news already.

Everybody email Tesla. [email protected].

Tusayan AZ and Kayenta AZ will open up massively the possibilities in that area.

Tusayan will allow journey to begin at Page or Flagstaff without any need to backtrack to Flagstaff for charging when visiting the Grand Canyon.

If Tusayan is open, I will reroute my Yellowstone road trip to visit the Grand canyon on the way back to SoCal.
Tusayan is almost finished. No need to email.

• Love
Reactions: Jazz3D
Newest photo from PlugShare. However, there is no comment on the pic or on the location saying the location is open or not and I’m not sure that MX is charging on the HPWC, or is he?
E8650ABF-26DB-4B78-83E8-DD058E97674C.jpeg

Stopped by last night. Not working. Looks like there is still some electrical wiring in the area to finish.
There are a dozen or so Superchargers looking very ready, but I tried a few and none were on.
Interesting to note that there is also a series of Tesla HPWC units where the car is parked in the image above.

Here are some pics from today. You can see 12 Superchargers and 8 HPWCs.

There is a shuttle to the Park from the Grand Hotel.

This would make sense for those who want to visit the National Park for the day and get a sufficient charge while not triggering fines for occupying a supercharger too long.

Attachments

• IMG_20190802_155828.jpg
    IMG_20190802_155828.jpg
    638.7 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_20190802_155826.jpg
    IMG_20190802_155826.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 143
Here the Yavapai Lodge charger

The chargers are finally working again! Back when we were there in April, one charger was completely gone and the other just wasn’t working. I just wonder how long these will last for until something else goes wrong :D

Attachments

• 030EFFA7-A0F4-43C2-B4D7-A823EA81CF61.jpeg
    030EFFA7-A0F4-43C2-B4D7-A823EA81CF61.jpeg
    735.5 KB · Views: 135
Here are some pics from today. You can see 12 Superchargers and 8 HPWCs.

There is a shuttle to the Park from the Grand Hotel.

This would make sense for those who want to visit the National Park for the day and get a sufficient charge while not triggering fines for occupying a supercharger too long.

Do those parking signs say "30 min parking only" above the destination chargers area?

Chargers are still not operational, per a checkin on PlugShare from yesterday.

There are also 2 SemaConnect J1772 chargers located in front of the hotel.
D7D17589-4935-4950-A79D-F804303D93ED.jpeg
E6C95021-9460-4D22-9409-10AF32016D75.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two posts with two 48Amp HPWC destination chargers and a Clipper Creek type charger. I've had solid 10W connections.

Are you charging in a Model 3? I ask only because if you are there's no way for you to tell if the HPWC are actually higher powered. Those of us with 80 or 72amp chargers would like to know.

New photos on PlugShare, which I’m starting to think are Photoshopped. Chargers still do not seem to be operational (MX is not plugged in). Photos by The Grand Hotel on PlugShare.
24A510B2-41FB-491C-A671-4C3CC394B18A.jpeg
5C4A7F5C-9065-419E-9899-E53A2A6FE0EB.jpeg
5C4A7F5C-9065-419E-9899-E53A2A6FE0EB.jpeg