Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyngsborough, MA

tga

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 8, 2014
New Hampshire
I'm visiting Nashua, NH this week - drove up from Georgia with my TM3 LR. I'm kind of surprised at how many Tesla's I see here, yet the closest supercharger is in Littleton MA. The Tyngsboro SC will be a great location for Nashuans when it comes online. Still, it's surprising at how few there are here in NH.
There's a bunch of charging spots in Nashua. See plugshare - you may need to turn on "restricted locations". I used the 277V HPWC at 100 Innovative Way one night in a pinch (22kW, [email protected]), but it has since been flagged "restricted". I guess they don't want non-tenants getting free electricity (makes sense).

Stopped by yesterday and there was no construction in this mini mall yet. There was a lot of work across the street at Pheasant Lane mall where 4 charging cabinets for Electrify America were being installed. Not sure of the logic of the placement given that there are EvGo chargers at that mall that have been there for several years.
Well, the old EVGo units are 50kW max, and EA is installing 150kW and 350kW units...

Dec 4, 2019
Westminster, MA
Stopped by yesterday and there was no construction in this mini mall yet. There was a lot of work across the street at Pheasant Lane mall where 4 charging cabinets for Electrify America were being installed. Not sure of the logic of the placement given that there are EvGo chargers at that mall that have been there for several years.
With the 3 DC charger systems, close together, and the advent of Tesla<->CCS1 adaptors in the next year, it will be interesting to see is any price/power competition develops.

Reactions: chjch and kayak1

bjrosen

Apr 19, 2019
Westford MA
With the 3 DC charger systems, close together, and the advent of Tesla<->CCS1 adaptors in the next year, it will be interesting to see is any price/power competition develops.
There isn't going to be any price competition between Tesla and the others, why would there be. Tesla doesn't want CCS cars charging at Superchargers they are only opening up the network so that they can qualify for government subsidies. For a CCS car to use a Supercharger they will have to buy an adapter. The CHADeMO adapter costs $450, there is no reason to assume that Tesla will charge less than that for the CCS car to Tesla adapter, that alone will limit the number of people who try and use the Superchargers with CCS cars. As for rates, Tesla has said that they are going to charge CCS cars by the minute not by the KWh and they are going to charge a higher rate for slow charging cars. Even if Tesla provides a CCS plug or two it's not going to be attractive to CCS car owners unless they have no other choice. Selling electricity is a money losing business, Tesla built the Supercharger network to sell cars not as a profit center. The cost of building the Superchargers is baked into the price of the car. Because they don't make anything off of a non-Tesla they are going to price the electricity high enough so that it's profitable which will make the price substantially higher than it will be for EA which is trying to build a business based on selling electricity.

essaunders

Jun 6, 2012
Nashua NH area
Nothing visible for supercharger at this site. Electrify America at the mall looks to be complete but not yet online.

Attachments

• BCCF7705-2B11-40BA-A28F-1A7C7F46B603.jpeg
    BCCF7705-2B11-40BA-A28F-1A7C7F46B603.jpeg
    492.8 KB · Views: 15

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC