Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyngsborough, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked it out this afternoon. No sign of any activity, and no new pole.

This strip mall is at least half empty.

Over at Pheasant Lane, the new EA station looked operational, but no one was charging. The EVGo station had a couple cars, and one slot ICEd by an F150, the owner of which refused to move.
I tried using the J1772 at the EVGo station, but it was not operational last week. I didn’t need to charge but it is frustrating how often non-Tesla chargers are inoperable and that they are so quirky. I used the Chargepoint charger at the Museum of Science a couple weeks ago and my physical chargepoint card and Apple wallet chargepoint card would not initiate a session. I had to go into their app, find the location and try to guess which of the 4 chargers I was at. At least that finally worked.

Reactions: kayak1
I used the Chargepoint charger at the Museum of Science a couple weeks ago and my physical chargepoint card and Apple wallet chargepoint card would not initiate a session. I had to go into their app, find the location and try to guess which of the 4 chargers I was at. At least that finally worked.
IIRC, the J1772 at Pheasant lane is marked as down in Plugshare.

I've probably used Chargepoint more than any other 3rd party charger. I use the app on my phone, and activate it with NFC, putting my phone against the symbol. Works like a charm.

Just an update. I drove around the mall and through the shopping center with the Duncan Donuts and AMC Theatre this week, and no signs whatsoever of anything going on. The Tesla site still says Target opening Q4 2021 which is past now. I am still keeping my fingers crossed we see some movement on this in the New Year.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
I saw a piece of construction equipment there yesterday, don't know if it has anything to do with the Supercharger but it was parked in the right spot.
Drove into the parking lot today. There's an excavator parked near the area we think the chargers will go in, along the road. It hasn't done anything yet, but beside it are several large diameter sections of concrete pipe, which appear to be parts of a manhole awaiting installation.

I wouldn't tag this 'under construction', it they may be getting closer.

Drove into the parking lot today. There's an excavator parked near the area we think the chargers will go in, along the road. It hasn't done anything yet, but beside it are several large diameter sections of concrete pipe, which appear to be parts of a manhole awaiting installation.

I wouldn't tag this 'under construction', it they may be getting closer.
I agree the excavator looks too big for supercharger work. The super project should start in the next few weeks unless weather has delayed other projects that need to be done before this can start (likely).

The new pole is in place to provide power for this project.
D07491AC-B006-4CD5-B101-0EF912B2963C.jpeg

Ground has been broken!

The fence isn't up yet, but some digging has taken place, and some conduit installed. There's an excavator and a cherry picker on site.

We can mark this 'Under Comstruction' now.
Thanks for the update.
Is there anything that confirms this is a Tesla Supercharger project? There was a report of a large sewer pipe nearby so any chance this is related to that?