Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyngsborough, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I was in the area again randomly Tuesday evening, and swung by to see the progress. Looks like all that's left is re-striping the parking spots. Oh, and of course the complete lack of a transformer, which is mildly important as well. 😀

IMG_1110.jpegIMG_1109.jpegIMG_1108.jpegIMG_1107.jpegIMG_1105.jpegIMG_1104.jpeg

Well I was in the area again randomly Tuesday evening, and swung by to see the progress. Looks like all that's left is re-striping the parking spots. Oh, and of course the complete lack of a transformer, which is mildly important as well. 😀

View attachment 819444View attachment 819443View attachment 819442View attachment 819441View attachment 819440View attachment 819439
I wonder if Tesla Energy commissioning swung by Tyngsborough before (or after Burlington) yesterday to check things out? 🤨

Too bad Tesla isn't allow to supply their own transformers, many of the SC would be online months earlier.
That is true of many businesses relying on new electric utility service. The trouble is, the utility owns the transformer and it is an integral part of their distribution system, so the engineering details of each transformer and its installation really has to be left to the utilities themselves. The trouble is that the manufacturing and shipping of transformers has been badly affected by, well, you know. :(

Reactions: mociaf9 and kayak1
Not live yet. Based on the activity here when just about anything on site changes I would expect that in less than 24 hours you'll see someone post news here.

Does anyone know when new supercharger sites come on line how quick are they to show up as a charger in the car navigation and on tesla.com/findus ? I'm thinking there might be a "shake out" period where it just kind runs for locals and by word of mouth before it becomes officially advertised and available.

When a supercharger is commissioned, one of the last things done is by the tech is to update the system to mark it live. I think as quickly as 10-15 minutes after that the site potentially could start showing up in-car as live. Exactly how long it take to show in-car is unclear as I think each car pulls new supercharger location information irregularly. I think your Tesla phone app is where it shows up first and fastest as I think the phone app pulls down the list each time you go to the locations page and doesn't cache it like the car does.

It can take days or weeks for the Tesla Find Us page to show the site as live. Example being Richmond RI which went live last Thursday afternoon and is still not on the Find Us page.

Tyngsborough could be live sometime within the next few weeks if Eversource gets the transformer and hookup work done. Burlington, MA is also waiting items. Hanover, MA got it's transformer last Friday and hookup work was observed being on Saturday morning.

It can take days or weeks for the Tesla Find Us page to show the site as live. Example being Richmond RI which went live last Thursday afternoon and is still not on the Find Us page.

Well, my one and only "1st to use a supercharger" win was Evanston Wyoming, and it was on the find us page a day or two before it popped on the Nav.

I think I see empty insulators.
Yes, those are empty fuseholders on the pole on the right edge of the picture. The fuse attaches to the bottom and is flipped up and snapped into the top. When they blow the remaining piece on the bottom hangs down, so it's easy to see from the ground.

Just stopped here. There is now a power meter, but no connection to the pole. The power meter has a seal, but the connection box behind is unlocked. The transformer appears unpowered, and has no lock. (I did not try opening it).
View attachment 824037
Thanks for the report.

I *think* that meter is for the shopping plaza sign, and not the supercharger. The meter, when it shows up, will probably be placed either on the transformer, or the switching cabinet next to the three supercharger cabinets.

Thanks for the report.

I *think* that meter is for the shopping plaza sign, and not the supercharger. The meter, when it shows up, will probably be placed either on the transformer, or the switching cabinet next to the three supercharger cabinets.
Seeing as the meter is present in pre-construction StreetView images, I'm sure you're correct.

Curiously, the connection cabinet on the back did not appear to be locked. I did not attempt to open it,
because electricity.

Reactions: mociaf9 and Fiver
I do not like that EV chargers are built near the entry of any shopping centers. The reason being is that anyone with a handicap placard or plates can park there without charging with an ICE car! It just ruins EV adoption. I see it all the time at any malls or shopping center. The ones at the Burlington Mall in Massachusetts (EVgo) suffers from it. The ones at the Danbury Mall in CT (EVgo) suffers from it; fortunately, the TESLA supercharger is built on the far end opposite to the entrance. Anybody who uses EVgo are screwed!

It was a mistake that Electrify America thinking that by placing EVgo chargers near entrances of shopping centers, it will help with people adopting EV. Nope. It does exactly the opposite. Although, there are newer places that seems to be smarter about it, I don't see many.

Last edited: