Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyngsborough, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's hard to know what the hang up is. State bureaucracy in Massachusetts moves painfully slowly so there may be some permitting or certification issue holding up final live power connection.
I'd bet the hang-up is National Grid scheduling the a crew that owns the specific tasks of hooking up the wires at the pole, and not any kind of governmental holdup. I still think this could happen any day now.

Reactions: jlv1
Seems like this one is stalled and so is the one in West Lebanon.
West Lebanon has been progressing - just not as fast as we thought it might. The contractor was up finishing the enclosure around the superchargers the other day. Not sure if there is any other work for them to do, or if it's all on the utility to energize the site (and Tesla Energy to come and commission the new V3 equipment).

My buddy just sent me this pic. He said that Eversource is on site and will be hooking up lines. I might swing by this afternoon and check out the progress myself.

IMG_20220810_090220.jpg

I go by or can swing by this Supercharger easily but actually entering the parking lot or even stopping and attempting to plugin is an extra bit of work. I got used to the coil of wire at the bottom of the pole I could see from the street being a proxy for nothin' new. Does anyone know what will be lit up or different when it is active? I see pics online of Superchargers where the word Tesla on each station is lit up but I can't tell if that is only at night. Also maybe there are some running lights in the big white cabinets with a mesh of square holes at the top that might be visible? Looking for some proxy I can see from afar that might be worth a closer check. Of course, maybe I should just ignore it until I see a row of Tesla's actually charging. :)

I go by or can swing by this Supercharger easily but actually entering the parking lot or even stopping and attempting to plugin is an extra bit of work. I got used to the coil of wire at the bottom of the pole I could see from the street being a proxy for nothin' new. Does anyone know what will be lit up or different when it is active? I see pics online of Superchargers where the word Tesla on each station is lit up but I can't tell if that is only at night. Also maybe there are some running lights in the big white cabinets with a mesh of square holes at the top that might be visible? Looking for some proxy I can see from afar that might be worth a closer check. Of course, maybe I should just ignore it until I see a row of Tesla's actually charging. :)
Nothing to gauge it from afar visually. Up close you are right, lit T E S L A on the top of each pedestal a clear sign things are done. Prior to that, looking at the utility meter on the side of the transformer (or switchgear cabinet, depending on the site) and seeing if it has numbers on it will tell you if the site is likely ready for Tesla to come and commission the site.

Another visual to indicate if Tesla has commissioned or pre-commissioned the site (before it had power) is to see if the stalls are numbered 1A/B/C/D, etc...

Within about 15 miles of the supercharger, you can check the "location" setting in the Tesla phone app, and scroll the list of nearby superchargers up from the bottom to see if it shows up. It should be there if it is live almost right away after Tesla commissions the site. It shows up sometime after that in the car's navigation system - minutes/hours/days - hard to predict. Sadly, I'm just over 20 line-of-sight miles away, so I can't use this method to determine when it's live personally :(

I'm visiting Nashua, NH this week - drove up from Georgia with my TM3 LR. I'm kind of surprised at how many Tesla's I see here, yet the closest supercharger is in Littleton MA. The Tyngsboro SC will be a great location for Nashuans when it comes online. Still, it's surprising at how few there are here in NH.
I agree. NH DOT have been doing YEAR LONG studies (wasting taxpayers monies) on the best place to put Level 3 chargers throughout the state. Meanwhile, Massachusetts is just making quick decisions. Now, it's all over the place there.

I am the same with your opinion on this. New Hampshire takes a very long time move things despite the EV Infastructure grant have made it a priority to start implementing some of these sites. The other thing is, the faster EV infrastructure gets moved in NH, the more EVs can be pushed for adoption there.

Reactions: chjch
Within about 15 miles of the supercharger, you can check the "location" setting in the Tesla phone app, and scroll the list of nearby superchargers up from the bottom to see if it shows up. It should be there if it is live almost right away after Tesla commissions the site.
Thanks, I hadn't even noticed that aspect of the app.

Alas, as of a few minutes ago, my app is NOT showing Tyngsborough, but is showing chargers significantly farther away.

Reactions: dfwatt and Tdreamer