Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tysons, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Reddy Kilowatt any crystal ball readings on this location?

This is what the ball is showing.

Yes on life support, but not dead. There was an article out last week and I meant to post it regarding the charging construction costs in California. I had heard if Tesla build this site they were obligated to pay for the infrastructure costs for the other charging companies. Similar to what we just saw last week on the NJ turnpike. I would have said Tesla would never go for it. But they did in NJ. Soooooo.....??

Tesla is doubling the size of the service center at Tyson's, they took the back bays against the toll road. 1 Super charger inside.

Tesla has now announced MCU upgrades for 2.5 and 2.0 cars. 2.5 start late March. Pair with your FSD computer upgrade.

Reston town center is officially dead. COST IS WAY TO HIGH.

1904 Reston Station BLVD. is under construction but I cant get in to take any pictures. 16-18 stalls. Wiehle Metro stop.

This is what the ball is showing.

Yes on life support, but not dead. There was an article out last week and I meant to post it regarding the charging construction costs in California. I had heard if Tesla build this site they were obligated to pay for the infrastructure costs for the other charging companies. Similar to what we just saw last week on the NJ turnpike. I would have said Tesla would never go for it. But they did in NJ. Soooooo.....??

Tesla is doubling the size of the service center at Tyson's, they took the back bays against the toll road. 1 Super charger inside.

Tesla has now announced MCU upgrades for 2.5 and 2.0 cars. 2.5 start late March. Pair with your FSD computer upgrade.

Reston town center is officially dead. COST IS WAY TO HIGH.

1904 Reston Station BLVD. is under construction but I cant get in to take any pictures. 16-18 stalls. Wiehle Metro stop.
Why can’t you get in? Also, is this a new location?

Also, does the RTC pin get moved to this new location?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why can’t you get in? Also, is this a new location?

Also, does the RTC pin get moved to this new location?

The whole building is under construction, it is fenced off at the moment. I have tried to get pictures but cant get in. I would assume we can see something real soon. My contact cant even get in. Not worth getting in legal trouble to find out.

Can't find permit since it is part of a large building.

I would assume it is new site but don't have the proof yet. I would say it is the replacement for RTC. Again Until we prove it, I wouldn't change it.

• Helpful
Reactions: mociaf9 and MarcoRP
The whole building is under construction, it is fenced off at the moment. I have tried to get pictures but cant get in. I would assume we can see something real soon. My contact cant even get in. Not worth getting in legal trouble to find out.

Can't find permit since it is part of a large building.

I would assume it is new site but don't have the proof yet. I would say it is the replacement for RTC. Again Until we prove it, I wouldn't change it.

Do you mind starting a new thread with this information?

https://plus.fairfaxcounty.gov/Cit...pID3=005O4&agencyCode=FFX&IsToShowInspection=

1674325944576.png

Last edited:
I was able to review the drawings today at work. Looks like the original layout is still the plan. Now we need to see if they will build it this time. Makes sense now that the eight destination chargers were removed. Plans were approved.

Keep our fingers crossed it will happen this time. I will post if we see any action or deliveries.

Fresh paint!
View attachment 900802

View from garage to future transformer location.
View attachment 900803

Plans call for replacing this pad and installing transformer.
View attachment 900805

View from pad to garage.
View attachment 900807

Markings near garage, all of which are north of proposed location for chargers.
View attachment 900808

Nothing going on inside, but @Big Earl has a great wide lens shot in post #28 here.
That's the spot alright. Thanks for sharing. I need to get out there one day.