Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tysons, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1 nice find indeed. Unfortunately the FIDO web site doesn't (yet) give us enough detail to determine how MUCH it's going to suck. If you plug the parcel ID (0294 01 0035A) into Fairfax County you can see that it covers nearly all of the mall property, except the newest buildings along the plaza by the Metrorail bridge, and interestingly, Lord & Taylor. So at least we know a few places where it WON'T be.

Anyway, some of those garages and lots are better than others. If they replace the area where they have the HPWCs now, for example, that'll likely be a big mess, as would anywhere else in that garage or the other one by the theaters. The garages on either side of Macy's tend to be a little quieter when I'm there, though still busy. I can't say anything about the southernmost garage (near Bloomingdale's); I don't think I've been in that one in years, if at all.

And regardless of where at the mall they put it, all bets are off for most of November and all of December.

Note: Electrical Review #1, Fast Track submission was denied on 6/19/18. "More time is required to complete an electrical review."

Screen Shot 2018-06-21 at 5.04.39 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and vdiv
1961 Chain Bridge Rd. is the mall. Last time I heard it is going to be in Bloomingdales parking garage that parallels Route 7. I'll have to start looking around.

They lock the garages on off hours to keep the Metro riders away. Parking is always an issue there.

Tysons is always busy and stupid busy at Christmas.

Hey but I will use it non stop, that is for sure. I go through there a lot.

Most excellent. My preferred location would be the south side of garage C, one level above the current Tesla wall connectors, in the area closest to the large emergency generator. This area has yellow parking indicator lights for some reason, has its on entrance and is usually pretty empty. For reference, the entrance to this area is under the Towers Crescent pedestrian overpass. There is also a small outdoor parking lot in that area that would serve a Supercharger station quite well.

3A0F21E4-077F-4F8B-BE77-EF1E0A5E4D47.jpeg 47A8D37A-B563-4AE0-84A4-6545433D825F.jpeg

Reactions: vdiv
Thanks to @Lanny for obtaining the site plan. Supercharger Planned for Tysons, Virginia | PlugInSites
It is not a good location as it severely lacks ventilation, both at the supercharger cabinets tucked in underneath the ramp to the second level, and the stalls positioned in a corner surrounded by a solid wall. This may have the same excessive heat issue as the late Bethesda Supercharger, if not worse as it is five times as large.