Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tysons, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's 20 stalls, don't know if there Urbans or regular SC's. Hopefully we will see something happen sooner than later.

Not according to the rejected Permit application on the Fairfax County site. It's 5 charging cabinets and 10 charging posts:

Permit Description: installation of (5) tesla charging cabinets/ten (10) charging posts/one (1) qed switchger assembly/five (5) auto transformes/one (1) utility transformer/one (1) sub pane
The last status was on 6/14/2018 indicating they had to address issues that were determined by the Fairfax County reviewer.

Permit phase ready to hit 400 days. Is that a supercharge record?

M3s are now thick in Fairfax Co - has to be the lowest ratio of superchargers to Teslas in any USA county?

Not even close. King of Prussia, PA has been in permit for 589 days. Emeryville, CA is 606 days. Two locations in France are even longer than that.

At some point, though, Tesla will move on to another location if there are too many problems getting things moving. Supercharge.info has no mechanism for clearing out old permits... they just sit there on the map forever.

I heard that a single person at Dominion Power is basically delaying this and that Tysons Corner is putting pressure on Dominion to get this moving and done.

Evidently Tysons Corner has excess power coming into the property so the required power is already on site - it just has to be tapped into.

20 stalls would be a huge boost to the area. Hope they are not Urban Superchargers (72KWh) but either V2 @ 150KWh or V3 @ 250KWh.

I'm hoping they will be V3 or a mix of V3 and V2.

Tysons Corner should want this done ASAP as Tesla owners are they demographic they want to bring into the mall and I'm sure they are pushing for it.

Reactions: preilly44
I’m fine with them being urban Superchargers. Given the location, it makes sense to provide people with about an hour of charging so they can do things in the mall.

V3 is so fast that it only takes 15 - 20 minutes to charge, requiring you to wait with the car or make a mad dash into the mall, come back, move the car, then finish your shopping/meal.