Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard from Tesla today that the expect it to be turned on this week, though they of course can't guarantee anything. I had contacted them because I was hoping it would be on today for my trip southbound on 101. I ended up making it from Fortuna, CA to the Petaluma Supercharger with 7 miles of range to spare (and my UMC had just failed, so I didn't have that many alternatives). It seems that wet conditions reduce range — it was raining for part of the drive...

I heard from Tesla today that the expect it to be turned on this week, though they of course can't guarantee anything. I had contacted them because I was hoping it would be on today for my trip southbound on 101. I ended up making it from Fortuna, CA to the Petaluma Supercharger with 7 miles of range to spare (and my UMC had just failed, so I didn't have that many alternatives). It seems that wet conditions reduce range — it was raining for part of the drive...

Wet conditions make a huge impact. Wet and cold is tough on range. Glad you made it!

Supercharger - Ukiah

Great news.... I spoke to the supercharger team today and tested ( unofficially..:biggrin:) and took picture of the charger. And he confirmed with me that Ukiah Supercharger will be officially live tomorrow morning January 13, 2016.

I'm also planing to arrange a Ukiah Supercharger Grand opening with City of Ukiah, Ukiah Mainstreet program, Ukiah Chamber on Saturday January 30th. I need support and like to invite all nearby Tesla Owners to come and Show the support. there will be Framers market on alex thomas plaza and we will have light refreshment. please support me to make this event successful. All local Ukiah downtown stores and restaurant liked my idea of SC grand opening and city of Ukiah,chamber of commerce also helping me on this event now i need help from all of you.

Ukiah Super Charger.jpeg

Last edited:
Awesome ... we've come a long way ... I remember staying at your hotel and charging my Model S there nearly 3 yrs back. Your hotel was the only charger around in the area that time. You've been a strong proponent of EV and infrastructure around Ukiah. Congratulations and hope to see you soon.

I Officially Opened the Ukiah SC this morning around 8am...:smile:..here is the picture.
View attachment 107861

Yes please come and Visit our Ukiah. I'm planing a SC opening gathering on Jan 30th saturday please try to attend to show your support.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Sir. Please come and visit our Ukiah.
Awesome ... we've come a long way ... I remember staying at your hotel and charging my Model S there nearly 3 yrs back. Your hotel was the only charger around in the area that time. You've been a strong proponent of EV and infrastructure around Ukiah. Congratulations and hope to see you soon.

That's exciting! I have friends who live in Ukiah, makes it one more reason to visit them again :biggrin:

By the way, has anyone else noticed the cracked asphalt in front of some of the stalls? I thought they typically repaved the spaces as part of the SC installation...

Here's a photo from the article linked above:

AR-160119955.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667.jpeg