TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger up in Rocky Mount, NC

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by artsci, Nov 21, 2013.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Just looked at the Supercharger map and happily noticed that a Supercharger is up and running at the DoubleTree hotel in Rock Mount, NC. Hallelujah! With the SC near Richmond and now the one in Rocky Mount my annual summer trip to Emerald Isle will be a breeze, one day instead of two, same travel time as an ICE. Thank you Tesla!

2. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

What do you plan on doing once you get to Emerald Isle to charge? I ended up finding a 110 outlet to charge back up and got a last minute top off by a fellow MS owner that lives just inland. John is on plugs are and has a HPWC. Really nice guy.

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I don't drive enough when I'm there to need anything else than 110v.

4. SarahsDad

SarahsDad Member

Yep, Rocky Mount is up and running - stopped there last weekend...

IMG_2139.JPG

5. amp-on

amp-on Member

We spend the winters on Atlantic Beach. Maybe Are paths will cross. We are also planning to drive down to west palm beach in jan. Enjoy your trip.

6. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Great to see the photos. I think they have more than enough capacity to meet demand, but I'll be curious to see how busy it gets in the summer.

What I love about the presence of the superchargers is that's a kind of advertising for Tesla. Even the curiosity of ICE drivers who have no need to charge is likely to be piqued by their presence.