Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Utica, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nearly all stalls failed to complete a charge on my 2015 Model S70D 28Dec2019. I've used this location for years with good results.

The charging kW would wildly oscillate from high to low rate then ultimately fail after 5-10 min with a "charging equipment failure" indication or a nebulous "car cant be supercharged" message.

I think it was stall 4B that finally stabilized enough to charge although at an extremely low rate regardless of SOC.

The Model S charged without incident and at expected rates at the Lee MA supercharger and on arrival home so I strongly suspect it was the supercharging equipment and not the S.

I attempted to notify support at 09:50 AM Eastern but got an "our offices are closed" message ... made for an anxious trip so beware.

The Tesla Super chargers should be on the Thruway, you shouldn’t have to leave the hwy. But the Car Dealers assoc wants it this way, hopefully this will change.
Yeah. Super annoying how crooked our politicians are.
No quid pro quo and they do all kinds of subtle and underhanded things to make life harder.

Here's where people can go to watch, comment/participate:

Jun 1, 2021 11:35:02 AM [email protected]:

This e-mail is provided by the New York State Public Service Commission. A subsequent filing for the above-referenced Case number is available.

Case Number: 18-E-0138
Matter Type: Commission Instituted New Case Proceeding
Matter Subtype: NEW Case Proceeding: Nonrate
Matter Title: Proceeding on Motion of the Commission Regarding Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment and Infrastructure.
Description/Purpose of Filing: New York Power Authority¿s EVolve NY Make-Ready Program site list
Company/Organization: New York Power Authority
Response To Previous Filing: No
Filing Date: 06/01/2021

Document(s) Filed:

Document TitleDocument TypeSecurityFile NameFile Size
New York Power Authority¿s EVolve NY Make-Ready Program site listReportsPublic20210601 - NYPA Cover Letter Monthly Site Req - 18-E-0138 .pdf205 KB
EVolve NY Make-Ready Site ListReportsPublicEVolve NY Make-Ready Site List_6.1.2021.pdf254 KB

---------------
Visit our DMM Online Help page for information on various DMM processes.
If you have questions, please contact the DMM Help Desk at [email protected] or 518-474-3204.
---------------

Reactions: Bobbo8
Looks like these Utica superchargers are down - they show as greyed out via Tesla. Any insights from folks in the know?

I’m hoping that perhaps they’re upgrading them, but that might be a bit wishful. Of the few Supercharger sites that I frequent, this set in Utica hasn’t been in great shape for a while now.