Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger V3 unveiling in Fremont

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had charging set to end at 60%, but after spending about 10 minutes cleaning the car I noticed it was showing 5 minutes remaining, so I raised the limit to 80%. I wasn't watching closely but the last 5% was the slowest charging at about 85 kW.

Other cars charging while I was there were S & X's. The drivers were disappointed that their charge rates never went above 100 kW.

Charged at the Fremont V3 Charger this morning.

Ambient outside temp: 74F
4:27am - 5:01am
Warm-up: ~15mins - 12 miles
2017 Model 3 LR - Software Version: 2019.20.1 9973c22
Battery balance maybe off as my 100% is 304 miles
Total Charge Session: ~34.5mins

Estimated battery highlights
12% - 38 miles - 0 mins (Top out at 239kW for a few seconds before dropping down)
20% - 61 miles - 2 mins (204 kW)
30% - 91 miles - 4 mins (185 kW)
40% - 122 miles - 7 mins (170 kW)
50% - 152 miles - 9.75 mins (138 kW)
60% - 183 miles - 13.25 mins (108 kW)
70% - 212 miles - 17.75 mins (85 kW)
80% - 244 miles - 24 mins (53 kW)
90% - 274 miles - ~34.5 mins (32 kW)

Time-Lapse below. Full video coming soon

Last edited:
Interesting that your's goes over 1000 MPH for a sec. My car never went over 500 MPH before, even on the 150kW chargers. Perhaps they don't hardwire 1000 MPH as a limit, although I thought I had seen it on previous versions of the software max out right at 1000.

I topped out at 224kW at 959 MPH. I may have been having a bad night, the charger had its fan whining when I went to plug it in (you can hear it at the end of the video) so perhaps the Supercharger was the issue.

I've included my full video from last night if it helps. I drove 30 minutes to Fremont with the Supercharger as the destination so the battery was warmed or cooled as necessary, it's a Model 3 LR RWD with about 40 miles range remaining when I started charging. I need a stand to hold my iPhone for events like these. I was happy that the Tesla Guest WiFi was so fast on uploads.

Last edited:
Interesting that your's goes over 1000 MPH for a sec. My car never went over 500 MPH before, even on the 150kW chargers. Perhaps they don't hardwire 1000 MPH as a limit, although I thought I had seen it on previous versions of the software max out right at 1000.

I topped out at 224kW at 959 MPH. I may have been having a bad night, the charger had its fan whining when I went to plug it in (you can hear it at the end of the video) so perhaps the Supercharger was the issue.
Wouldn't suprise me given the temperatures we currently have here. But your's has so far sustained power clearly over 200kW the longest (about 2 minutes?).

I've included my full video from last night if it helps. I drove 30 minutes to Fremont with the Supercharger as the destination so the battery was warmed or cooled as necessary, it's a Model 3 LR RWD with about 40 miles range remaining when I started charging. I need a stand to hold my iPhone for events like these. I was happy that the Tesla Guest WiFi was so fast on uploads.

Hey Randy, thanks for posting the full video! That's a very impressive charge session, adding just over 160 miles of range in 15 minutes. My most recent v2 video added 160 miles of range in 20 minutes, so this is 25% faster and you didn't even hit the full 250 kW.

The new taper is nice. It dipped below 145 kW at 50% and 100 kW around 68%, which is much better than v2. I'm looking forward to @Zoomit adding this to his graphs.

Reactions: Zoomit
It dipped below 145 kW at 50% and 100 kW around 68%, which is much better than v2. I'm looking forward to @Zoomit adding this to his graphs.
I've added it to the small but growing collection over here: V3 Supercharging Profiles for Model 3

I haven't seen real data to prove it yet, but the 19.20.1 charging profile on a cool, unshared V2 Supercharger should basically be this same profile, just capped at 150kW. So the later taper should carry over to V2 charging. With 19.20.1 rolling out widely to the fleet, we're likely to see this demonstrated soon on V2 stalls.

I've added it to the small but growing collection over here: V3 Supercharging Profiles for Model 3

I haven't seen real data to prove it yet, but the 19.20.1 charging profile on a cool, unshared V2 Supercharger should basically be this same profile, just capped at 150kW. So the later taper should carry over to V2 charging. With 19.20.1 rolling out widely to the fleet, we're likely to see this demonstrated soon on V2 stalls.

@JuiceBx just got 2019.20.1 on his MR. Still waiting on my 3D.

Went to Fremont Supercharger yesterday around noon. Arrived with 8% SOC, and definitely used a v3 charger, but never saw speeds above 135kW. Staff weren't sure why, I assume it's was the hot weather. Had been driving for an hour and was navigating to the supercharger, so on-route battery warmup was used.

Yeah, most likely due to heat. I was contemplating heading down to Fremont to test myself earlier this week, but decided against it due to the heat wave we've been having in the Bay Area.

Note that per the SC stall someone took a photo of on Reddit (see below), the current limit drops from 350A to 200A at 35ºC and above, which correlates to my past experiences over the last 4+ years, whereby I would get lower power from an SC while charging in the heat.

urce8ra3mi331.jpg