Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vacaville, CA - Alamo Dr (LIVE 18 Apr 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interestingly, the plans depict a small restroom right next to the chargers (from the way it appears on the plans, it seems to be depicted as pre-existing). I don't see it in the most recent imagery on Google Maps from 18 months or so ago; has it been added since then?

Interestingly, the plans depict a small restroom right next to the chargers (from the way it appears on the plans, it seems to be depicted as pre-existing). I don't see it in the most recent imagery on Google Maps from 18 months or so ago; has it been added since then?
Later in the package this page shows bathroom building by others so I think it will be new and part of this project. (N) indicates new, (E) indicates existing. Also Tesla appears to be providing 2 trash cans and 2 recycle bins. The signs provided are also interesting. 5 ev charging only, 6 30 minute general parking and then 1 van accessible and 1 disabled access, use last. I read the last one as implying that if all the other spots are filled or iced, it is ok the use the accessible one regardless of ability (but I’m sure the authorities in CA would disagree, leave that stall empty the majority of the time). Also interesting is they are putting in 13 parking stops (an extra one next to 3D), maybe to allow non Teslas with rear passenger side inlets to back up (or front driver side inlets to pull in) and charge when they are open to other manufacturers.

1660016371723.png

1660016588496.png

Later in the package this page shows bathroom building by others so I think it will be new and part of this project. (N) indicates new, (E) indicates existing. Also Tesla appears to be providing 2 trash cans and 2 recycle bins. The signs provided are also interesting. 5 ev charging only, 6 30 minute general parking and then 1 van accessible and 1 disabled access, use last. I read the last one as implying that if all the other spots are filled or iced, it is ok the use the accessible one regardless of ability (but I’m sure the authorities in CA would disagree, leave that stall empty the majority of the time). Also interesting is they are putting in 13 parking stops (an extra one next to 3D), maybe to allow non Teslas with rear passenger side inlets to back up (or front driver side inlets to pull in) and charge when they are open to other manufacturers.

View attachment 838390
View attachment 838393

Ah, it is labelled as "new" on that page, just constructed "by others" and thus not part of the permit, missed that.

The legal situation regarding accessible charging spaces is quite ambiguous. The state guidelines for accessibility of EV charging locations indicates they should be indicated in a way that does not satisfy the existing marking requirements for a legally-enforceable disabled parking space (missing a blue curb or handicap symbol in the space), but some communications by the committee drafting the standards seem to imply that the intention was for them to be exclusive despite this. Perhaps they anticipated new laws would be enacted specifically covering accessible charging? In terms of actual installations, many Supercharger locations have a sign with "use last" wording which seems to specifically indicate non-placarded vehicles can use the charger, whereas a few others instead have a normal ADA parking sign with fine amount listed and/or a handicap symbol added indicating that they are "real" disabled-only spaces and not legal for use by non-placarded vehicles.

My guess is the extra parking stop is just to reduce the chance of someone hitting the last charging post from the adjacent non-charging space?

Would be nice if Tesla started including a 24 hour toilet at each station like they do on a few down hwy 5. Enter the code on your Nav display to get in. Have a covered camera check after each use the condition it's in.

If the shape and color of the handicapped sign is the same as all the other EV Charging Only signs one might not notice it's for the disabled. One of the spots at our mall is tagged that way, but it's more obvious in that the space is wide and has a painted off area to open doors wide so you can unload wheelchairs or whatever. Other than size I can't imagine what such a space would be, it's not closer to the mall or to the Supercharger.

How do cops ticket (or have they ever) for using a disabled EV spot. If they pull up and you are in that spot and the entire rest of the site is full you are doing the right thing, if they pull up and you are in the disabled spot and the rest of the site is empty you MAY be in the wrong. The only way they can defend giving you a ticket is if they SEE you pull into the spot when other spots are open.

Last edited: