Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vacaville, CA (expanded in 2017, 16 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see the Vacaville station being expanded. I don't currently own a tesla so I had no clue the existing site was being expanded (havent driven by recently.) Looks like all the new stalls are deeper in the outlets, and you cant see them from Nut Tree Parkway.

What did catch my eye this afternoon driving by on Nut Tree was a large solar parking array going in at the Marriott Courtyeard lot. I assume all of the parking solar panels being installed across the street are un-related? At first before coming here and seeing this post, I thought the super charger was moving across the street In the Marriott Courtyard lot. No pedestals or anything.

I took a photo of the solar install going in:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UI7wrsWV3ff0IFgK2

What did catch my eye this afternoon driving by on Nut Tree was a large solar parking array going in at the Marriott Courtyeard lot. I assume all of the parking solar panels being installed across the street are un-related? At first before coming here and seeing this post, I thought the super charger was moving across the street In the Marriott Courtyard lot. No pedestals or anything.
I saw that this afternoon and thought exactly the same thing.

Coming back from SF late this afternoon I was monitoring the available slots and up until about 6pm there was rarely more than 1 or 2 free. When I left about 7:30 there were just a few cars charging.

I'm really hoping for something on the other side too. The big parking at the west corner of Nut Tree Rd & E Monte Vista Ave (straight east of Fenton's) is normally lightly used, so would be a good location.

Would be a short walk to the Peet's, which is open long hours and has a bathroom.

I sincerely hope not, or else my commute is going to cost an extra $5 each day. o_O

It's 55 miles to Rocklin where they have 18 stations... no waiting
Thanks but a) I was actually heading to the south side of Sacramento so I'd be along 50 not 80, b) I had 19% charge so Folsom would be tight and c) I only had to go as far as Sacramento, no reason to overshoot my destination by 20 miles just to charge, at least not in an idealized Tesla world. In the end I charged to about 28% from 19% which took about 20 minutes, which gave me enough to make the round trip back to Vacaville that night.

On my way home I arrived with 2% and charged enough to get to Oakland and plug in at home, when the entire site was empty I was getting 78kw.

If the site was totally disabled, I would have been in rough shape. I tried to charge at home before I left but could only get my car to about 30% before I had to leave.

Tesla needs to make maintaining functionality at superchargers they are expanding - and in fact all superchargers - a priority. I can handle the inconvenience occasionally, but I've just had a lot of negative supercharger experiences since I became a Tesla owner in 2016 and I'm starting to feel a bit burned out.

Last edited:
If it was this weekend, didn't you hit the horrid traffic from repaving the roads in West Sacramento?
Yup. Also hit traffic in Davis, Dixon, Vacaville, Fairfield, and Walnut Creek. Just keeps getting worse. I should have had about 7% when I got back to Vacaville, I think I was at 2% because of running hte A/C in standstill traffic. I even had to set it to 78 degrees and energy saving mode....was a bit worried, but the drive back to vacaville (at 1am) was in cool evening air and it went fine.

Same experience at Vacaville as whttiger25 this past Sunday 7/30 on my way back to San Jose from Tahoe. Got only 20 kw max with a line of 4 Model S and X waiting. On a bright note, there was a crew working on the expansion on Sunday so looks like they're working hard to finish.