TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Vacaville

Discussion in 'California Supercharger locations' started by airj1012, Dec 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Does anyone live close to the Vacaville, CA location? Supposedly the address is 101 Nut Tree Rd Vacaville, CA 95687 and is to be placed at the Vacaville Premium Outlets. I just wanted to create a dedicated thread specifically for this confirmed location and see if we could get some status updates/pictures from anyone in the area. Thanks.

Recargo link - http://www.recargo.com/sites/11229
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/

2. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

3. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Yes I realize this thread could be a bit repetitive but I feel that finding details on a specific location is rather difficult. Typically I look in the main stick thread of "Tesla Supercharger network" however its difficult to find details on a specific location. I attempted to create this thread to simplify it and have one thread per location so users can quickly find what they're looking for. It's an option but its up to everyone else if it should be the solution.

4. markb1

markb1 Active Member

5. 772

772 Member

The regional subforums have more information about superchargers in specific locations.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/forumdisplay.php/97-North-America

6. roblab

roblab Active Member

I appreciate what you are doing. I always have to look through about 4 or 5 Supercharger threads before I figure out where those last cool pictures of the Vacaville SCs were posted. Some here, some there, can't remember which forum etc. This might be helpful, except everyone will continue to post on the other threads, so it may be a losing proposition.

Wish the "new" Superchargers each had their own thread until they were officially opened. If you might be looking for the only SC in Wisconsin (hypothetical), it makes it easy. Norcal, on the other hand, has lots, and I am not even sure where "Norcal" and "Socal" meet. What about "CenCal"? "Bay Area"? (which bay? There are a few.) At present, I go to Tesla Club and Google "Vacaville Superchargers" and get about a half dozen hits that I can check (the rest are ads).

7. Kraken

Kraken Member

..... I've posted pictures only in the main supercharger thread and the California NorCal supercharger locations one. If you want more info, you can pm me. I know dsurber has done similar, and we have both commented in one thread on the tm.com forums.

8. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Yes that is exactly the reason why I created this thread! I myself had issues finding news about specific locations so I thought others may be experiencing the same problems. Hopefully others will see the benefit of being able to discover news and updates about specific locations and allow the solution to grow. However that decision is up to the community so we'll just have to wait and see.

I grabbed some of the pictures from the other thread to continue sharing the concept. These images were uploaded by user markb1 on 11-30-2013. Enjoy! IMG_1025.jpg IMG_1026.jpg IMG_1027.jpg IMG_1028.jpg

9. damienvu

damienvu Member

Heading to Napa tomorrow, sure would be nice for the Supercharger to be open right about now... :wink:

10. napabill

napabill Active Member

For what it's worth, I just "Subscribe" to every Supercharger thread (west of the Mississippi) and then use the "Settings" button to display those threads with activity since I last viewed. Seems pretty efficient, though you have to be vigilant for new threads, like this one.

11. damienvu

damienvu Member

Spoke to an electrician at the site yesterday. He said due to the recent weather, PG&E had to deal with other jobs. With any luck, it'll be all hooked up this week. Too bad cause it sure would have made our trip to Napa this weekend so much easier. Oh well, still had a blast though. Here's one more pic...

photo.JPG

12. lloyds

lloyds Member

Will probably head to the outlets to do some Christmas shopping soon. Hopefully this is up very soon.

13. Owner

Owner Active Member

Fabulous, I have a trip planned sometime up through that are and Vacaville seems to be a 'hole' in the charging network.

14. dwegmull

dwegmull 2013 Model S 85

This will be very convenient for travelling between the SF Bay Area and Sacramento. I have three such trips planned during the holidays. Not having to detour through Folsom would be nice!

15. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Any update on this location?

16. Kraken

Kraken Member

I'm driving by it daily. There is a whole electrical box (I'm pretty sure it'll be a transformer) that pge has to install. It's not there yet. It does make it easy to see if there is work done though.... No giant box = no progress... Again, rumor is Christmas plus or minus a week. I'll be out of town for a few days. I'll update when I get back.. Hopefully I don't miss the opening, haha.

17. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Sounds like we got some excellent eyes on the ground. Thanks for the help!

18. DLM270

DLM270 #7773

Looking forward to your report, when you return.
    Thanks,

19. damienvu

damienvu Member

Stopped by today. No progress.

20. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Bummer. Thanks for the update.