Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Valdosta GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla need to update their charging curve, its should not take 40 min on a V3 to Charge to 90% :(

But it does take 40 minutes. Even though the superchargers are capable of outputting 250 kW, the battery pack is not capable of accepting that much power at higher states of charge.

If you want to go 10% to 60%, you’ll find that it takes fewer than 15 minutes with a properly conditioned battery.

Well this is currently a very mediocre supercharger stop. 3 of the 8 stalls are listed as out of order, the gas station's restrooms are shuttered due to a "plumbing issue," and the Moe's is drive thru only. You can't even walk in to place an order for take-out. Needless to say that is not very convenient because you obviously want to plug your car in and then get food. For that matter, it isn't even very convenient for people getting gas.

Well this is currently a very mediocre supercharger stop. 3 of the 8 stalls are listed as out of order, the gas station's restrooms are shuttered due to a "plumbing issue," and the Moe's is drive thru only. You can't even walk in to place an order for take-out. Needless to say that is not very convenient because you obviously want to plug your car in and then get food. For that matter, it isn't even very convenient for people getting gas.
So it looks like an entire cabinet is out. I saw a guy try to charge at all 4 stalls on the east side and apparently couldn't get any of them to work. One of them was unlit, so maybe that one is completely not communicating with HQ which would explain why it says that only 3 stalls are out of order.

So it looks like an entire cabinet is out. I saw a guy try to charge at all 4 stalls on the east side and apparently couldn't get any of them to work. One of them was unlit, so maybe that one is completely not communicating with HQ which would explain why it says that only 3 stalls are out of order.

We've had a similar issue in Charleston. Its been out for a month now, I think? There must be some high failure rate component in the cabinet.

He visited Marathon in January 2017. Check out his map and click on the “go to visited” button: Tableau Public
I guess I need to revisit some of those old dates in the data fields. That one was definitely September 2017 as it was less than a week after Hurricane Irma. A quite memorable experience. They had just opened up the highway to non-residents but it was a total war zone and I didn't really feel right being there, so after charging at Marathon, I turned around without ever going to Key West (which was a big goal of mine since childhood for some reason... I guess due to growing up in the other corner of the country).

There was also a strict dusk till dawn curfew after Marathon and I wasn't really sure if I was allowed to be out there even if I got a hotel room. In hindsight, it was a very similar situation to this pandemic with the government telling you not to travel, but all the hotels and restaurants and other tourism companies begging you to travel lol.

Cross country drive. I'm just checking off another supercharger (see signature) :)
Oh wow, I did not see your sig before, that’s awesome! So quick question,,,those 150k miles on your S100D, are those all on the original battery and motors? Just curious as I love to find examples of high mileage Teslas on the original drivetrain. Either way, thanks for sharing and drive safely!

Oh wow, I did not see your sig before, that’s awesome! So quick question,,,those 150k miles on your S100D, are those all on the original battery and motors? Just curious as I love to find examples of high mileage Teslas on the original drivetrain. Either way, thanks for sharing and drive safely!
Original battery and drive train. This car definitely has some issues though. I don't currently feel comfortable driving under 10% SOC (and really uncomfortable under 5%) as I've had it shut down on me 3 times with 7, 8, and 11 rated miles remaining, ending up on a flat-bed tow truck each time. The first time I thought it was a fluke. The 2nd time they replaced the 12V battery and told me that should solve the problem. But when it happened the 3rd time, I knew that didn't turn out to be the case! That was earlier on this trip and it's held up fine since then, but like I was saying, I keep having to overcharge to be sure I don't run below 10% just to be safe. I'm going to get it looked at when I get home, but based on my experiences with Tesla service, I'm not optimistic.

Original battery and drive train. This car definitely has some issues though. I don't currently feel comfortable driving under 10% SOC (and really uncomfortable under 5%) as I've had it shut down on me 3 times with 7, 8, and 11 rated miles remaining, ending up on a flat-bed tow truck each time. The first time I thought it was a fluke. The 2nd time they replaced the 12V battery and told me that should solve the problem. But when it happened the 3rd time, I knew that didn't turn out to be the case! That was earlier on this trip and it's held up fine since then, but like I was saying, I keep having to overcharge to be sure I don't run below 10% just to be safe. I'm going to get it looked at when I get home, but based on my experiences with Tesla service, I'm not optimistic.
Ha! ran across this thread looking at the Valdosta supercharger. I agree it's too dangerous to get down to 10% once the cars have gotten over 50k miles on them!...and that's on S,3, and X. I used to be able to trust the Guessometer and run the car down to 1% if needed, but no more. I now try to get to each supercharger with ~20% SOC (which coincidentally is where the car likes to be for the fastest supercharging).

I agree it's too dangerous to get down to 10% once the cars have gotten over 50k miles on them!...and that's on S,3, and X.
Yes, we are definitely off-topic here. But I'm curious why you say this. Like what experiences have you had? I was under the impression that my issues were fairly isolated. I know a lot of high mileage owners and none of them report being stranded on the side of the highway with rated miles remaining on the battery gauge. The uncertainty is a killer. I just want to know what I can count on.

Reactions: jsight