Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Valle d'Aosta (largest SC site to date)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the last pictures posted were from April 5, a full month ago. My trip is in 2 weeks, without any real news of a pending opening. I may contact Tesla again to find out. If anyone here has any additional updates it would be great.

I've been there today and nothing really changed from my last picture. They just covered the metal columns with the white plastic cover. The upper part of the roof is still "empty".
It's a couple of weeks that nothing is really going on there. I don't know if they are waiting for the solar panels or if it was just the bad weather that contributed to the slowdown.

I'll probably visit the SC again in the weekend. I'll keep you updated of any progress.

Updated pictures. Solar panels still missing.

In the last picture there is a second "metal shed" that I didn't notice before. If this is part of the SC station as it seems, it could be the shed for the switchgear/cabinets/whatever is needed to make the 14 stalls work.
If so, my guess is that the "white shed" is filled with Powerpacks or similar storage units.

Possibly more than 1 MWh storage looking at the dimensions (I think 10 Powerpaks can fit in there).

Superexcited!
And it's just beautiful with the mountains in the background providing hydropower.

20150509_160345.jpg

20150509_160119.jpg

20150509_160547.jpg

Looks impressive indeed, and from your pictures it's clear that very little has happened in the last month. They must be waiting for some parts. I wish they could switch 2 stalls on to make the location at least operational.

I'm going to start to plan an alternative for my trip to Italy on May 22nd, it doesn't seem to be realistic to expect that they will finish on time.

My last stretch from Martigny to Laigueglia through Turin Airport is 405 km. With the climb to the St Bernard tunnel might become a challenge. We may need to plan a longer charge at the airport, or consider Milan/Dorno as alternative.

Last Thursday I passend by the Aosta site, knowing it would not be open yet, but wanted to take a few pictures.
In fact the solar panels seem to have arrived and most of the roof looks covered in the solar panels. Still some street work to be done as well.
No activity while we were there, and we did give the stall a try as separate (non solar) stalls looked very ready, but as expected no powered yet, but I guess I can probably claim to be one of the first there (without power though :)

Attachments

• 130766799461809984.jpg
    130766799461809984.jpg
    461.2 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG-20150521-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20150521-WA0010.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 527
The access of the Supercharger at Aosta from the GPS of the model S or from EVtripplanner is not really perfect....
On the other hand it is perfect for any of us who are using the airport. From personal experience the approach by Tesla is a trifle easier, shorter and less 'exciting' than is the IFR approach by airplane. If anybody here is an IFR pilot you'll see what I mean! One must have both aircraft and pilot specially approved to fly this instrument approach. I really hope to use this Supercharger soon, I do love the area, and I'll follow your routing advice.
LIMW_INSTRUMENT_APPROACH_CHART_IGS(NPA)_RWY_27.jpg

I Supercharged there a couple of days ago and I used the suggested route.

it seems there is a 3rd option, as the SuC is divided in 3 zones. Apparently you can access some supercharger without having to exit the highway toll booth.