Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vallejo, CA (LIVE 22 Jun 2019, 18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A warning. The sign posts used indicating the space is for Tesla charging are inconsistent. Some just use a simple metal posts, but every so often that post is in a concrete bullard. And the height of that bullard is below what the rear camera sees. I've used these SC's frequently but always in a metal post space. A couple of days ago I unknowingly backed into one with a concrete bullard, and bang, I now have a dent on the back of my X. Pulled to far in, and received no warning visual or otherwise.

On my S and 3, I can see the rear bumper through the rear camera. Is that not the case on the X?

Reactions: JeffnReno
Stall 6B was offline yesterday and 1A (the lonely stall on the opposite side) was offline earlier in the week. I did try and report them but the phone system now instructs you that faults are automatically detected and no need to report.

I've also seen a lot of broken window glass on the floor, so be careful leaving your car unattended at night.

I hate to say it, but it's not the best location and I've seen used syringes right next to the chargers, so be careful if you have children or pets.

Hopefully when Costco moves in next door the area will be much busier and safer.

20190630_121440.jpg

Ditto. I’ve seen a syringe as well. The broken glass looks like it’s been there for a long time now.

I’m not sure if it was my car, or if a few of the last chargers has been non op. I’ve noticed cars bundling in one area.

just yesterday, there was a crazy looking guy driving a white cl550 (not a cheap car). He was listening to loud music, laughing and talking to himself. He had the nerves to park slanted into one of the Tesla stalls. Not sure how long he was there

We had a mixed experience in Vallejo Thanksgiving night. The four farthest stalls did not have their "TESLA" lit up on top, so I figured they were dead. We pulled into the lit one nearest to the four dead ones and plugged in. The car gave its usual "Starting to Supercharge" message, but we never got the happy "clunk" when the power starts to flow. The light on the port stayed flashing blue. I tried again, with the same result. So I moved over two stalls (figuring the first stall's circuit buddy might have the same issue), and it started right up, and zoomed up around 130 kW. We were paying attention to the NY Times crossword as it roared past our intended SOC, so we made it home with plenty to spare!

I still can't believe that they've not repaired all the bad stalls here. The last few months I've yet to see 3A/B and 5A/B work for anyone, with mixed results of 1A/B. I've tried calling the support number multiple times to report a problem but they're not interested and says the system detects problems automatically. Oh well.

• Informative
Curious to see photos of what you are describing. Can you post image files instead of a PDF?

I know this is old but if you look at post 41 you can see the second Tesla sign is mounted on a light pole attached to a concrete base that is much larger than the metal posts for the signs in adjacent stalls. Surprised this isn’t viewable from the backup cam. Maybe with the latest software update allowing use of side cams to aid in backing up it would appear on those.

Stopped here to charge, and it looks like they've added 6 more v2 stalls. A couple of the new chargers were taped off, but the rest weren't. However, it wasn't live when I plugged in. Had to plug in on one of the original ones.
Looking back at the original pics, the left room for 3 more v2 cabinets, so that makes sense.

Interesting that Tesla seems to be going back to these sites now and filling out these expansions.

Stopped here to charge, and it looks like they've added 6 more v2 stalls. A couple of the new chargers were taped off, but the rest weren't. However, it wasn't live when I plugged in. Had to plug in on one of the original ones.
So you are saying the total is 20 chargers now?

No new building permits on Vallejo etrakit. But the original does say 14L3, 4L2, 4 future so maybe these were pre approved.
1622612124581.png

Last edited:
Definitely 18 stalls here and all complete. 9 cabinets. 17 stalls in a row on the same aisle as the cabinets and then 1 on the opposite side with the ChargePoint chargers. Cabinets are a row of 4 at the end of the chargers and then a row of 5 right behind it. Didn’t snap pics but did a quick loop. Nice orange and light blue wrapped M3s (think the blue was M3 but could be wrong on my quick pass) charging.

If you look at @jaymeinen‘s picture in post #39 (screen grab below) they put 4 more pedestals between the existing pedestals and the cabinets and you can see where the two new cabinets were placed based on the conduit stubs in the picture. Same for the autotransformers to the left of the cabinets. This can definitely be marked as expansion complete (18 V2 stalls) per the permit finaled on 6/3/21. For the record, 10 days for expansion of 4 stalls including permit issue date and final inspection date. 👏🏻
1645568199464.png

@bmah @Chuq

Last edited: