Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vallejo, CA (LIVE 22 Jun 2019, 18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
77914014-C0C6-496C-A4C1-517091CCC472.jpeg
There are now stripes! No power yet.

Attachments

• FA7D17E2-036D-4438-B931-1C7D8EEBE7CF.jpeg
    FA7D17E2-036D-4438-B931-1C7D8EEBE7CF.jpeg
    625.5 KB · Views: 65
Interesting... Two of us are charging but we don’t show up on the screen. We’ve been here a while...

Sometimes this happens (particularly with new sites) when the communication between the Supercharging hardware and the mothership isn't working right (or isn't set up yet). I didn't think to check when I was there today, but I do remember looking on the map at various times during the day and seeing Vallejo totally empty and wondering why...

Bruce.

I changed the thread title to match what the Tesla nav shows.

There are 14 pedestals on site (a row of 13, plus a singleton on the other side of the landscaping, where the Chargepoint J1772 chargers are). The second photo attached to post #48 has all of them.

No idea why the Nav only shows 12 (as per the first photo in post #48).

If I go look at my log of API data from yesterday (what the mobile app would display), the total number of stalls seems to show different values, primarily between 12 and 14 inclusive, at different times of the day! That's very weird, I've never seen that before. (The total number of stalls should be constant, and the number of free stalls will vary.)

So...???...

Bruce.

Last edited:
There are 14 pedestals on site (a row of 13, plus a singleton on the other side of the landscaping, where the Chargepoint J1772 chargers are). The second photo attached to post #48 has all of them.

No idea why the Nav only shows 12 (as per the first photo in post #48).

If I go look at my log of API data from yesterday (what the mobile app would display), the total number of stalls seems to show different values, primarily between 12 and 14 inclusive, at different times of the day! That's very weird, I've never seen that before. (The total number of stalls should be constant, and the number of free stalls will vary.)

So...???...

Bruce.
Supercharge.info is reporting it as 18 stalls so one extreme to the other. 14 is the correct number as shown by the pictures as you point out.

Dropped by at 930 pm Saturday evening to find a single model 3 parked charging. Because this is a relatively new charging location we still noticed several less savory looking persons, one on a bike, and two others in an older camper and beat up minivan ransacking the local donations drop off box near the mattress firm store, and two large 18 wheelers parked in the adjacent lot sleeping overnight. A third vagrant was putzing putting around clutching a womens purse in his hands. We had partially charged in petaluma so as to minimize our stay at this location. 20 minutes was sufficient and we were on our way. Not difficult to get to from the highway but won't be one of our favorites because of the 'ambiance'.

won't be one of our favorites because of the 'ambiance'.

I had the same reaction at nearby Ukiah. Too near a park full of homeless folks. I'd never stop there at night.

To keep on topic of the Vallejo SC....

Decades ago when my father was based at nearby former Skaggs Island naval base, my brother and I referred to Vallejo as the armpit of California. As I got older and saw more of California, Vallejo is hardly the worst part of the state. But, it ranks down there pretty far.

And this SC is in the better part of town.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad
A warning. The sign posts used indicating the space is for Tesla charging are inconsistent. Some just use a simple metal posts, but every so often that post is in a concrete bullard. And the height of that bullard is below what the rear camera sees. I've used these SC's frequently but always in a metal post space. A couple of days ago I unknowingly backed into one with a concrete bullard, and bang, I now have a dent on the back of my X. Pulled to far in, and received no warning visual or otherwise.

Attachments

• Vallejo Posts.pdf
    326.8 KB · Views: 47