Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vallejo, CA (LIVE 22 Jun 2019, 18 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to GenSao on the supercharge.info forum for this one!

121418 Developing Vallejo
Tesla EV Charging Station Application
A permit application was submitted to the Building Division on December 3, for EV Charging Stations. Tesla will install sixteen Electric Vehicle Charging stalls and two ADA Electric Vehicle Charging stalls in the Target Shopping Center parking lot located at 904 Admiral Callaghan Lane.This project is valued at $200,000.More information will follow as this project progresses.

Not sure if the co-ordinates on the "Target parking lot" are right - please correct me if any locals know better!

upload_2018-12-15_18-32-29.png

There is now a formal location for the Vallejo, CA, USA Tesla Supercharger. A total of 18 Superchargers (16 regular + 2 ADA) will be located near the Target at 904 Admiral Callaghan Lane, Vallejo, CA 94591.

Reference Volume 7, Issue 3, of the City Manager Report dated December 14, 2018.
Tesla EV Charging Station Application
A permit application was submitted to the Building Division on December 3, for EV Charging Stations. Tesla will install sixteen Electric Vehicle Charging stalls and two ADA Electric Vehicle Charging stalls in the Target Shopping Center parking lot located at 904 Admiral Callaghan Lane.This project is valued at $200,000.More information will follow as this project progresses.

I also noted the development at forum.supercharge.info.

Reactions: mociaf9
Great find! The actual permit can be found by searching at: eTRAKiT

Permit #: BP18-1883

Description: TESLA-INSTALL EV CHARGING STATIONS/ 14 LEVEL 3 CHARGERS;
Notes: (4) LEVEL 2; (4) FUTURE
---------

So, it looks like initially this will actually be 14 superchargers stalls + 4 universal L2 chargers + pre-positioning the underground conduit runs to support a future expansion of 4 more stalls.

Address: 904 Admiral Callaghan Lane

My guess is that they'll go somewhere in that sort of triangular parking area to the south of Target which faces onto Turner Pkwy.

Thanks to GenSao on the supercharge.info forum for this one!

121418 Developing Vallejo

Not sure if the co-ordinates on the "Target parking lot" are right - please correct me if any locals know better!

View attachment 361103
My new hobby is guessing where the superchargers will go.
The northerly spot seems like it could work, but limits expansion unless they install some in isle ways, which doesn't seem to be that common ( pull thru spots for trailers?) it also already has an ADA path of travel to Target.
Screenshot_20181215-094855_Maps.jpg

The southerly location would allow for easy expansion and is a little removed, but is where I'm putting my money. Any locals have incite on other underutilzed parts of the lot that makes sense?

• Informative
Reactions: JeffnReno
The northerly spot seems like it could work, but limits expansion unless they install some in isle ways, which doesn't seem to be that common ( pull thru spots for trailers?) it also already has an ADA path of travel to Target. View attachment 361195
The southerly location would allow for easy expansion and is a little removed, but is where I'm putting my money. Any locals have incite on other underutilzed parts of the lot that makes sense?

I agree that the southern location is the most likely location. The northern location has existing angled parking that may need quite a bit of rework for the customary perpendicular parking.

On top of the existing retail, there is a lot of planned development in the area. Two major projects in the works:

The northerly spot seems like it could work, but limits expansion unless they install some in isle ways, which doesn't seem to be that common ( pull thru spots for trailers?) it also already has an ADA path of travel to Target.

I would suggest also looking for where the electrical lines are and/or where the transformers for the Target and other buildings are located. It's not a guarantee, but they'll try to build as close to where the electrical mains are running as feasible. Personally, I'm betting that it will be in the triangular-ish parking area to the south of Target. Probably along the straight parking line facing Turner Pkwy that you circled in blue.

The actual building permit to construct these chargers (BP18-1883) remains in the same state since mid December--i.e. approved but not yet actually issued. But on February 19th, Tesla was approved for and issued a Public Works permit to allow the excavation/trenching for running the underground wiring of the primary electrical supply for these superchargers. Vallejo permit tracking portal--Permit #: PW19-0110.

Given the above, locals should start keeping an eye on the Target parking lots for signs of imminent construction--fencing, small shipping containers, utility marking, etc.

Good find. I’m probably wrong but I have a hunch that the wood boards in the third photo are leading to a conduit for the ChargePoint chargers.

There is definitely construction happening today! I saw a backhoe and a bobcat doing some digging. There was also a lot of PVC pipe. I assume that they use that as conduits for the wires.

Does anyone know how long construction typically takes?

Does anyone know how long construction typically takes?

Seems to be a huge range. The Yuba City charger took around 30 days if I remember correctly, but that site didnt require any
equipment shielding or aesthetic components either. Super simple site

This Target site will probably be more like the Chico site, which requires fencing of equipment, plantings, and minor "beautification" components.
Still, if weather is on our side I'll throw May 27th as a completion date. That's probably totally optimistic on my part but 30% of the time, I'm right everytime.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: JeffnReno