Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Valley Stream, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my way to JFK this morning to pick up a friend, I decided to check VS out. I didn’t need a charge, but I wanted to see what the situation was and if there were any notices on the pumps. There were no notices, or any indications that something might be wrong. There were two Model 3s there. One, empty, car was in 1B and the other in 4A. I plugged into 3A, with 160 miles of range. I stayed for 20 minutes and added almost 40 miles, which isn’t bad for Urban Charges under those circumstances.
I meant to check out one pump from each pair not being used, but my friend’s plane arrived significantly early.
I’m assuming that “Reduced Service”, in this case, means some entire banks are not working. I just don’t know why it is taking so long to get this location completely up and running.

It’s gotten really really busy here lately. 1 PM on a Thursday afternoon there’s a line to charge and most of them have TLC plates.
IMG_2566.png

Interesting. Perhaps those temporary superchargers are not there to augment the existing urban stalls, but to replace them temporarily while they are ripped out and new v3's (or v4's) go in. Don't have any info on what might be going on - not sure if anyone local can ask to find out.

Reactions: theflyer
That's a nice development - I assume only 2 PSU's today (8 posts total). They ship up to 2 per trailer. I think it's still too early to say if this is an expansion or a replacement of the existing stalls (working to see if I can get info on that).

I think this pretty much confirms the temporary supercharger trailers onsite are not to augment the site, but to provide temporary relief when the time comes to do the site electrical work which will undoubtedly take the current urban posts down while they do that.

Reactions: theflyer
Can you tell if this is a version 3 or 4 pedestal?

View attachment 1029940
Looks like prefab, which are currently V3 only, as far as I know.
Also that bottom is white, while I think V4 bottoms are black.
If you're there, there's a significant height difference.
V4 pedestals are 6' 4 1/2", V3 5' 6 1/4". (V3s look smaller than they are). Either way the idea is that the handle itself is at the same height, about 4 ft.

Looks like prefab, which are currently V3 only, as far as I know.
Also that bottom is white, while I think V4 bottoms are black.
If you're there, there's a significant height difference.
V4 pedestals are 6' 4 1/2", V3 5' 6 1/4". (V3s look smaller than they are). Either way the idea is that the handle itself is at the same height, about 4 ft.
The first v4 PSU site is under construction in West Seneca, NY - right near the Giga Buffalo plant where they are almost certainly building the first v4 PSU's before working with a partner(s?) contractor to assemble them. Supercharger - West Seneca, NY. That site is not yet live.