Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Van Buren, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• PXL_20201222_175811249.jpg
    PXL_20201222_175811249.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 283
Great location.

I feel like Alma might have been better so that the I-49 people headed east wouldn't have to go so far west for a charge, but maybe they can make it to Ozark without too much trouble. But if the Van Buren and Ozark locations were combined into an Alma location ...

Whatever, it's great to have another one. I'm not too fussed about it :D

The 3 to 4 week estimate is pretty spot on.

The Lowell Supercharger was discovered Jan 29th 2020 in a similar state and was operational by Feb 22nd. So its possible for it to be up and running in 20 to 30 days.

There are many things that can go wrong between the Electrical grid connections, inspection timings, and general faults in the cabinets themselves. The real measure of them being up and running is when they appear in the car and the app.

Reactions: srk67 and LoudMusic
The real measure of them being up and running is when they appear in the car and the app.

That's basically the only part that matters. Before that, any functionality is highly unreliable, as I've discovered by reading many threads. Occasionally someone says "I GOT A CHARGE AND IT'S NOT EVEN ON THE MAP!" and someone else goes by and the plugs don't even register that anything is plugged into the car. The next day everything is working and the site is listed in the Tesla app.

Van Buren, AR

Along Primary Interstates: I-40
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-64, US-71
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-40

To: Ozark, AR - 29.8 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Memphis, TN - 296.7 miles

This is clearly the expected Fort Smith, AR area Supercharger.

Partial splitter on I-40, 194.3 miles from the Oklahoma City, OK Supercharger.
If they can add a location in Henryetta, OK, that would make the connection from Oklahoma.

Also splits the 254.4 miles from Texarkana, TX to Lowell, AR:
Texarkana, TX to Van Buren, AR (US-71, I-540/US-71): 185.4 miles
Van Buren, AR to Lowell, AR (I-40, I-49): 70.1 miles

Also splits the 254.4 miles from Texarkana, TX to Lowell, AR:
Texarkana, TX to Van Buren, AR (US-71, I-540/US-71): 185.4 miles
Van Buren, AR to Lowell, AR (I-40, I-49): 70.1 miles

That's a good point - Texans headed to Fayetteville and beyond will have another route to choose from (and visa versa).

I still think it might have been better at Alma nearer the interstate interchange, but I'm not complaining :)

The main reason is probably because of I49. People coming from the west (OK) need to charge before going north on I49 and people coming from the east (LR) also need to charge before going north. I49 has about 1000 feet of altitude change. Even with a AWD LR Model 3 with 99% charge from LR, I made it to Bentonville with 7%. Its also possible the Van Buren charger was already in progress and was taking forever to get started. The Ozark charging location was also specifically requested by the travel center owners who also own the location in Lowell. So there are at least several different reasons why they are so close together that might make sense.

Has anyone scouted out Henryetta recently for possible construction?

The main reason is probably because of I49. People coming from the west (OK) need to charge before going north on I49 and people coming from the east (LR) also need to charge before going north. I49 has about 1000 feet of altitude change. Even with a AWD LR Model 3 with 99% charge from LR, I made it to Bentonville with 7%. Its also possible the Van Buren charger was already in progress and was taking forever to get started. The Ozark charging location was also specifically requested by the travel center owners who also own the location in Lowell. So there are at least several different reasons why they are so close together that might make sense.

Has anyone scouted out Henryetta recently for possible construction?
Yeah I think Ozark is the bigger head-scratcher, but I assume they put one there because the business owner (same as Lowell) gave them a favorable deal (or at least was eager to partner with Tesla). Van Buren, or somewhere nearby, seems like an obvious choice given it's location at the intersection of two interstates.

Reactions: CSFTN