Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Van Buren, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I think Ozark is the bigger head-scratcher, but I assume they put one there because the business owner (same as Lowell) gave them a favorable deal (or at least was eager to partner with Tesla). Van Buren, or somewhere nearby, seems like an obvious choice given it's location at the intersection of two interstates.
What I don’t get is why Tesla didn’t go with Workman’s for their final rest stop in Alma 2 exits north on I-49

What I don’t get is why Tesla didn’t go with Workman’s for their final rest stop in Alma 2 exits north on I-49
The Workman's mini-mart off I-40 in Alma looks like the parking lot is too small to squeeze in a supercharger. And the travel center is a ~10-minute diversion from I-40. I-40 is a much more heavily traveled corridor than I-49 so more important to have it close to I-40. The Van Buren location is right off I-40 and should be relatively close to I-49 once it is completed.

Reactions: mociaf9
Drove by the Van Buren supercharger and took some pictures for a better view. It appears that construction is complete, but not in service. Looks like 6 total spots. 4 of them are next to each other, and 2 others look like you would park on the other side perhaps in the middle of some normal traffic flow of the lot. There are 2 supercharger v3 cabinets at this location,

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpg
    IMG_4467.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    767.3 KB · Views: 97
Drove by the Van Buren supercharger and took some pictures for a better view. It appears that construction is complete, but not in service. Looks like 6 total spots. 4 of them are next to each other, and 2 others look like you would park on the other side perhaps in the middle of some normal traffic flow of the lot. There are 2 supercharger v3 cabinets at this location,
The far right pedestal appears to be set in an odd location based on its spacing. It looks like it would be directly behind the vehicle.

This is great and today Tesla updated their website to show estimated completions of other sites. For the Forrest City site they are saying completion in Q1 2021. At first take you might just say this is the new "coming soon" logo, but the location on I55, Blytheville, says "target completion 2022" which IMO would be the new "coming soon" answer. So hopefully once Van Buren is finished the crew will start working on the Forrest City location.

EDIT: OMG! RIGHT ACROSS FROM BRAUM'S! WE STOP THERE EVERY TRIP WE MAKE TO OKLAHOMA!

Sure would be nice to have a SC on the east side of Arkansas either in Forest City and/or Blytheville and/or West Memphis.

Brinkley, AR is marked as 2021Q1.

But West Memphis, AR is very much needed for I-55 and I-40 as well.

There's currently a 1/2 hour, 22 mile diversion in Memphis, and Blythville, AR doesn't solve that well, since it's a 166 gap from Grenada, MS to Blytheville, AR.

Memphis, TN is also a sizable diversion for I-40.

Reactions: CSFTN and thx1139
This is great and today Tesla updated their website to show estimated completions of other sites. For the Forrest City site they are saying completion in Q1 2021. At first take you might just say this is the new "coming soon" logo, but the location on I55, Blytheville, says "target completion 2022" which IMO would be the new "coming soon" answer. So hopefully once Van Buren is finished the crew will start working on the Forrest City location.

EDIT: OMG! RIGHT ACROSS FROM BRAUM'S! WE STOP THERE EVERY TRIP WE MAKE TO OKLAHOMA!

Just FYI that Forest City is now Brinkley which is about 25 miles further west.

Reactions: imola.zhp
Just FYI that Forest City is now Brinkley which is about 25 miles further west.
And moving this west makes putting one east of Forrest City (ie West Memphis) make more sense. I hope and expect there will be one in West Memphis in '21 or '22

This should be the vicinity .... Google Maps
or slightly to the west Google Maps But the more western site has difficulty with on and off ramps from the 4 different travel directions of the 2 interstates.

Be aware that the whole area is one big flood zone. The might Mississippi goes wherever it wants to go, except for Memphis proper which sits on top of a 30' bluff of granite.

Last edited:
Reactions: imola.zhp
You can use the "Report" button on any of the thread posts and ask the moderator to make the change for you (explain in the report the need for the change).

Preventing editing of older posts is a way to stop misleading edits. ;) :p

But particularly useful is that it makes it harder for link spammers to use the forum.

Thanks to you both, very helpful.