Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Van Buren, AR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just planning a trip from Tulsa to Texarkana to get my 2nd covid shot, trying to decide between charging in McAlester and going through southern Oklahoma (I have a Chademo adapter and use the Francis chargers in Oklahoma a lot) or going to Ozark. I was pleasantly surprised that when I checked this morning it was showing active in Van Buren, and am glad we have confirmation! That should save me about 30 minutes and take me on some new roads between Fort Smith and Texarkana.

That's a long drive for a shot, wow!

Even without driving out there to look at it, the Tesla page for it hasn't changed so it's not to a reliable point yet.

Find Us | Tesla

Sometimes they're active a day or two before they go live on Tesla's site or in the car's navigation, but that's really hit and miss.
LoudMusic, I’m heading to the Ozarks in the next 2weeks. I tried nav from Texarkana to Van Buren on a full tank today, my car map showed it red, but my nav didn’t work to it.
By the way, we made it from Tupelo to Texarkana last week w/ only one stop at Brinkley, AR. Brinkley locals kept driving be with questions. One guy drove up and asked “How does it work?”
We said “The charger?”
He replied “no, the car!”

Reactions: LoudMusic
LoudMusic, I’m heading to the Ozarks in the next 2weeks. I tried nav from Texarkana to Van Buren on a full tank today, my car map showed it red, but my nav didn’t work to it.
By the way, we made it from Tupelo to Texarkana last week w/ only one stop at Brinkley, AR. Brinkley locals kept driving be with questions. One guy drove up and asked “How does it work?”
We said “The charger?”
He replied “no, the car!”
Last night I drove Van Buren to Tupelo with just the one stop at Brinkley. What a weird location for a supercharger. That Kroger looks like it hasn't changed in 70 years. I couldn't even tell where the entrance was!

Reactions: EVolVEr
Last night I drove Van Buren to Tupelo with just the one stop at Brinkley. What a weird location for a supercharger. That Kroger looks like it hasn't changed in 70 years. I couldn't even tell where the entrance was!
Hey, it's got a Waffle House within walking distance so you can eat and get to a bathroom 24/7.

The Kroger and the Sonic are bonuses.

The food at Ozark is good quality truck stop food, but you skipped that one.

Hey, it's got a Waffle House within walking distance so you can eat and get to a bathroom 24/7.

The Kroger and the Sonic are bonuses.

The food at Ozark is good quality truck stop food, but you skipped that one.
Oh I've been there. But don't think I ate there. If it's anything like the one in Lowell (same ownership right?), it's about 50 different varieties of fried food.

And yeah I'm not really complaining about the Brinkley stop. I would never complain about any supercharger in Arkansas after the long wait we had here. It was just unusual that's all. I probably would have plopped down in the Waffle House (probably the only thing open at the hour I was there) during non-Covid times. As it was, indoor places in Arkansas were high on my list of places to avoid this trip!

You don't need a Store you never go to. Or even a Delivery Center, you interact with just once.

What you need is a Service Center.

And you have a Service Center in Memphis, TN, so nothing is stopping you.
I want to take delivery locally. We drove to Nashville to get a Y last August, ended up rejecting the car due to paint issues. I don’t want to do that again, wasted an entire day.

I want to take delivery locally. We drove to Nashville to get a Y last August, ended up rejecting the car due to paint issues. I don’t want to do that again, wasted an entire day.

Tesla should be doing deliveries through the Service Centers in cities without a dedicated Delivery Center.
Interesting - I’m in far Northeast MS - have a test drive scheduled in Nashville (2.5 hours away). Figured I’d eventually take delivery there. Didn’t know I had the option to take delivery at SC (Memphis is “only” 2 hours away). 🧐

Wow - I live in Tishomingo ...... 40 miles NE of Tupelo ........... what in the world were you guys from Texarkana and Seattle :oops: doing here?
I drive a lot :)

In fact, this was my 2nd time coming through Tupelo on this trip. The previous time I drove through Tishomingo on my way to summiting Woodall Mountain, Mississippi's highest point. It was my 16th state high point. I've done 8 more since then so I'm up to 24 now :)

I drive a lot :)

In fact, this was my 2nd time coming through Tupelo on this trip. The previous time I drove through Tishomingo on my way to summiting Woodall Mountain, Mississippi's highest point. It was my 16th state high point. I've done 8 more since then so I'm up to 24 now :)

I was going to ask what else the Supercharger collectors were doing on their road trips. Before owning a Tesla I'd already been to all the state capitols and other such goals. I only have a few MLB home games to go to, and I think I've done all the submarine museum tours in North America :D Highest peak in ever state sounds like a LOT of fun.

I was going to ask what else the Supercharger collectors were doing on their road trips. Before owning a Tesla I'd already been to all the state capitols and other such goals. I only have a few MLB home games to go to, and I think I've done all the submarine museum tours in North America :D Highest peak in ever state sounds like a LOT of fun.
I had been to all 50 states before starting my Tesla road trip addiction, but I was missing 4 capitols. I knocked those out on a trip in 2019 finishing in Pierre, SD. I knocked out most of the MLB stadiums in 2018 and finished the rest off in 2019. The new one in Texas is the only one I haven't been to now. I was actually headed there for the World Series in October when my car broke down :( Was able to get back on the road fairly quickly but I was cutting it close and there was some very bad weather for late October in West Texas (heavy snow all the way down to I-10), so I decided to cut my losses and turned around and headed home. It wasn't part of the original plan, but there's a chance I'll catch a Blue Jays game there "on my way" home on this trip.

I started doing the state high points in August and it's been fun. I should get #25 and #26 on Tuesday, but I'm out of shape and not a mountain climber by any means, so I'm starting to run out of "easy" ones. I think I can get 30 without pushing myself too hard and maybe 35 with some real effort (such as setting aside entire days for long hikes). 40 is pushing it for me, but maybe if I take the time to acclimate to higher elevation and time it just right in terms of weather (both seasonally and short-term forecast). The 10 toughest ones are most likely beyond my skill level and physical shape, but who knows, maybe some day I'll get in GREAT shape and learn how to use a pick axe and crampons. Maybe this will motivate me :)

The other one in the back of my mind is national parks. I haven't made any specific effort to start checking them off the list yet, but I've been to over half of them, and I might start making a real effort to seek the ones I haven't been to yet.

I had been to all 50 states before starting my Tesla road trip addiction, but I was missing 4 capitols. I knocked those out on a trip in 2019 finishing in Pierre, SD. I knocked out most of the MLB stadiums in 2018 and finished the rest off in 2019. The new one in Texas is the only one I haven't been to now. I was actually headed there for the World Series in October when my car broke down :( Was able to get back on the road fairly quickly but I was cutting it close and there was some very bad weather for late October in West Texas (heavy snow all the way down to I-10), so I decided to cut my losses and turned around and headed home. It wasn't part of the original plan, but there's a chance I'll catch a Blue Jays game there "on my way" home on this trip.

I started doing the state high points in August and it's been fun. I should get #25 and #26 on Tuesday, but I'm out of shape and not a mountain climber by any means, so I'm starting to run out of "easy" ones. I think I can get 30 without pushing myself too hard and maybe 35 with some real effort (such as setting aside entire days for long hikes). 40 is pushing it for me, but maybe if I take the time to acclimate to higher elevation and time it just right in terms of weather (both seasonally and short-term forecast). The 10 toughest ones are most likely beyond my skill level and physical shape, but who knows, maybe some day I'll get in GREAT shape and learn how to use a pick axe and crampons. Maybe this will motivate me :)

The other one in the back of my mind is national parks. I haven't made any specific effort to start checking them off the list yet, but I've been to over half of them, and I might start making a real effort to seek the ones I haven't been to yet.

I've thought about checking off the national parks as well, but most of them just saying you've been there doesn't seem like it does justice to the park. Maybe there needs to be a requirement of number of days spent in the park based on the size of the park, or something.

I use MobRule.com to track my counties visited, though I don't have any specific goals other than completing the states that I'm already close on. DC and DE are complete. HI, OR, RI, CT, MD, NH, AZ, ME, AR, UT, NV, WA, MA, VT, all have less than 10 to go.

My parents were visiting the Presidential Libraries. I've only been to two that I know of. Not sure I need to see more of those :D

When we had our S2000 I had a goal of driving the top 50 scenic roads in America. I did a bunch on the west coast, but didn't keep track. Those lists are also subjective.

I guess there are also all the extreme roads - like highest bridge, longest bridge, longest tunnel, longest stretch of uninterrupted road, longest straight road ... all that stuff has to be available somewhere.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Tesla should be doing deliveries through the Service Centers in cities without a dedicated Delivery Center.

Should be, agreed, but they are not.

Interesting - I’m in far Northeast MS - have a test drive scheduled in Nashville (2.5 hours away). Figured I’d eventually take delivery there. Didn’t know I had the option to take delivery at SC (Memphis is “only” 2 hours away). 🧐

You may want to re-read that comment, that commenter said they "should" allow deliveries at service centers. I've read of them doing this in the past, but when we tried to buy in July/August of 2020 we were told that taking delivery at the Memphis service center was not an option.

Depending on your timeline, however, taking delivery in Memphis may be an option for you if the Memphis store is completed when your vehicle is delivered. They originally said Q1 2021 but in true Tesla fashion, its a bit delayed. The location is expected to be 3020 N. Germantown Parkway, Bartlett, TN 38133 if you want to compare distances. I didn't have the best experience in Nashville, but hopefully that isn't the norm and there is no guarantee that Memphis will be any better.