Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Van Horn, TX (permanently closed)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8643.JPG
IMG_8642.JPG
Today. They are making good progress.
The transformer is in place. The pedestals are wired up. Photos.

Attachments

• IMG_8647.JPG
    IMG_8647.JPG
    399.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8655.PNG
    IMG_8655.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_8655.PNG
    IMG_8655.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Reactions: BerTX and Bet TSLA
It is very bright out here, even with cupped eyes I can't tell if they are on. Front desk stated the are not red at night sooooo it maybe another week.
Photos:

Attachments

• IMG_8732.JPG
    IMG_8732.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8733.JPG
    IMG_8733.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_8734.JPG
    IMG_8734.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_8735.JPG
    IMG_8735.JPG
    326.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_8736.JPG
    IMG_8736.JPG
    654.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_8737.JPG
    IMG_8737.JPG
    381.3 KB · Views: 107
Chargeport is on the driver side, so it looks right to me. You can hook up successfully by backing into all stalls.

Yes, but the reason for the side-installed charger is so that vehicles with trailers or bike racks (or drivers who are not good at backing up) can pull in FORWARDS. I suppose this one DOES allow cars with bike racks to back in and not have to go so far into the stall, and charge from the side.

Yes, but the reason for the side-installed charger is so that vehicles with trailers or bike racks (or drivers who are not good at backing up) can pull in FORWARDS. I suppose this one DOES allow cars with bike racks to back in and not have to go so far into the stall, and charge from the side.

That is *usually* the reason, but not necessarily *always* the reason. I did notice that this is a different layout than the typical supercharger with many back-in stalls and one pull-in stall. I only disputed other posters who were saying that they installed it wrong implying that you couldn't charge on the sideways one because you clearly can when backing in.

That is *usually* the reason, but not necessarily *always* the reason. I did notice that this is a different layout than the typical supercharger with many back-in stalls and one pull-in stall. I only disputed other posters who were saying that they installed it wrong implying that you couldn't charge on the sideways one because you clearly can when backing in.

That seems to be a trend for recently completed superchargers, with all but one stall back-in and one for side attachment. However this is the very FIRST I have seen where one had to back into that side stall. EVERY other one is on the drivers side when pulled in forward, in my experience. I think this one is a boo-boo, as @ReddyLeaf says above.