TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Vancouver (#2) - CF Pacific Centre parkade

Discussion in 'Canada Supercharger locations' started by BlueSteel, Dec 5, 2018.

1. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Member

Hi Everyone,

I've confirmed that 22 urban superchargers are being installed at Pacific Centre Mall in downtown Vancouver, per the link here:
    Notice of Intent Abstract: Electric Vehicle Charging Stations CF Pacific Centre

Electric Vehicle Charging Stations – CF Pacific Centre

Notice is hereby given by the City of Vancouver ("City") of its intent to contract with TESLA MOTORS for the provision of twenty-two fast charging stations.

The City of Vancouver intends to sublease twenty-two parking stalls in the CF Pacific Centre parkade in Vancouver, B.C. to Tesla Motors Canada ULC ("Tesla"), in which Tesla intends to install electric vehicle fast charging stations with the capacity to charge up to 22 electric vehicles simultaneously. The installation will utilize the existing electrical service at CF Pacific Centre. The station will provide up to 71 kW power to each charging vehicle. All 22 charging bays will be located at the west end of the P2 parking area under CF Pacific Centre.

Tesla will pay all capital, installation, operating and maintenance, and retirement costs of the charging stations and related trade fixtures. The City of Vancouver leases the CF Pacific Centre parkade from Cadillac Fairview. The City will not fund any aspect of this project.

Shoutout to Colin on the Tesla Owners of Vancouver FB group for spotting the initial construction at the mall!

• Like x 8
    • Informative x 3
  2. cmt489

cmt489 Member

There are pictures of the construction in the Tesla Owners of Vancouver FB group so it appears we are well beyond the permitting stage!

3. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Really?! Can you post to confirm?

4. cmt489

cmt489 Member

Here you go

Attached Files:

• Like x 3
  5. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

• Like x 2
  6. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Making this the new biggest Supercharger in Canada!

• Like x 6
  7. Araman0

Araman0 Member

Just a few blocks away from the other downtown supercharger. I'm jealous down here in Seattle! The closest supercharger to downtown Seattle is over 27 KM away!

If I were to take a stab at the reason for the discrepancy between Seattle and Vancouver, I would guess there are more apartment / condo dwellers in Vancouver leading to a higher need for public charging solutions.

Congrats on a great new supercharger Vancouver!

8. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

Just curious is there an exact address for this location?
    Oh, also can someone please take more photos? I am very excited about this charging location!

Does anyone have any word on the Richmond or Burnaby chargers? Or the North or West Van chargers?

9. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

Pacific Centre Mall only has the one big underground parkade. There are two entrances and two exits: One on Dunsmuir between Granville and Hornby (entrance and exit), on your left. The other entrance is right around the corner on Hornby a few feet south of Dunsmuir, on your left.

• Like x 1
  10. perfectg

perfectg Member

Awesome, cant wait!

11. 5YJSA

5YJSA Member

Actually...

I think you're probably right about where these chargers are, but I think you're wrong about Pacific Centre having only 1 parking garage.

It seems to me there is another one on Howe Street further north, between Sephora and the Four Seasons.

Again, not that that is where the chargers seem to be but... Maybe this one isn't as big? I don't recall.

And there is another one further north, just after Holt Renfrew. I recall it being big enough.
    pc2.png

Attached Files:

• pc.png
      pc.png
      File size:
      1 MB
      Views:
    • Like x 1
  12. cmt489

cmt489 Member

According to the reports the location is near Nordstrom which is the southernmost area in the bigger underground parking lot south of Dunsmuir. This entrance is the smaller lot to the north, underneath Holt Renfrew.

13. dmd2005

dmd2005 Active Member

I wonder if the valet will plug in for you if valeting your car there.

14. aslam

aslam Member

#14 aslam, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    A big question for me is, if the City of Vancouver is subleasing the parking stalls, will we still have to pay for parking? Pacific Centre is some of the most expensive parking in downtown Vancouver ($7.50/hour). I don’t mind paying for parking, but those rates are exhorbitant, in my opinion.

Anyone have any indication on this?

15. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Revised thread title for consistency.

16. cmt489

cmt489 Member

I expect like any other SC that is in a paid parkade, you will have to pay for parking. This is not unique to the Vancouver area.

• Like x 1
  17. wayner

wayner Active Member

Just like the CF Eaton Centre in Toronto and the CF Rideau Centre in Ottawa.

This also continues the trend of SCs at Cadillac Fairview malls.

18. MarcoRP

MarcoRP @MontrealTesla

Anything new here?

19. Poobearcretu

Poobearcretu Member

#19 Poobearcretu, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    Not sure, because right now in the lower mainland of BC, we just had some intense weather. i.e., winds and power outages.
    I couldn't charge the car because the power was out for the last 2 days. My house just got power back today.

Edit: Colin Hay swung by and took this photo of what used to be many holes in the wall and now is lots of wiring.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. theredviper

theredviper Member

Is this parkade controlled by gates with aticket, or by license plate like Burrard?