Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, BC - Kaslo St

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2710 Kaslo Street
Vancouver, BC V5M 4J1

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 11.01.58 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PStewart
I would think this site is a good year away, it is currently a big hole in the ground. The concrete and steel has yet to reach road level.
As for proximity to Highway 1 (2.5km from exit), the Burnaby location at Brentwood is closer (1.5 km from exit). This site is in an urban location.
I would have rather like to see one placed near Coquitlam centre. The current Coquitlam location is 2.2 km from the Highway 1 exit.
If you ever have to choose between these 3 to stop, Brentwood has the best food and entertain meant options.

At the ground breaking they estimated q2 2023, but a Vancouver office space report for year end 2022 has full completion of the building now projected for Q2 2024. Depending on how the occupancy permits are done, the supercharger could be opened earlier, but I'd expect at least a quarter or two of slippage.

My guess is another year or so on this one...

A bit disappointing that there still aren't any Superchargers in city of Vancouver outside of the two down town. This one is on the way, but it may or may not be 24hrs due to it being in a parking garage, judging on other Supercharger in building parking lot locations. Not to mention the possibility of having to pay for parking when you charge.

Ironically there is a Rona with a huge outdoor parking lot just two blocks down the road from this site. The lot has many unused parking spots and would be a great location for a Supercharger. Importantly, it wouldn't have to wait for an office building to be completed building above.

It seems to me that the Tesla head of charging in BC is not doing their job. City of Vancouver needs at least 4 more locations as it sits right now, likely 10+ in the next couple of years. So many grocery stores, malls, parking lots not to mention City of Vancouver streets that could easily get Superchargers. Tesla is looking and concentrating only on peak season (Summer) traffic use along the highways in BC, but missing out on the daily driver that lives in the City of Vancouver, Burnaby and North Shore. We need so many more locations right now!

It seems to me that the Tesla head of charging in BC is not doing their job. City of Vancouver needs at least 4 more locations as it sits right now, likely 10+ in the next couple of years. So many grocery stores, malls, parking lots not to mention City of Vancouver streets that could easily get Superchargers. Tesla is looking and concentrating only on peak season (Summer) traffic use along the highways in BC, but missing out on the daily driver that lives in the City of Vancouver, Burnaby and North Shore. We need so many more locations right now!
I too would like an uncrowded supercharger at my beck and call everywhere I want to go.

Considering the City of Vancouver has a million people (not including the other 2 million in Metro Vancouver), there are only 2 Supercharger locations that are really old, in Downtown and with pay parking. There is not even 1 Supercharger outside of Downtown. I'd hardly call that "beck and call everywhere" and certainly not asking for the moon. Considering Surrey with 500k people and way less Tesla's has 5 all V3 Superchargers locations.

My guess why Van-City has no Superchargers, is likely due to extreme land value, most parking lots will be torn down for high-end condo's in the next few years and the City has older infrastructure. Not to mention, charging does not make the site hosts much money if anything due to the extremely low price of electricity in BC.

Still, surprised that Tesla has not been able to find not even 1 host in Van-City in all these years. In the city that has the most Tesla's in Canada! Very odd.

Reactions: Nogassssssss
Considering the City of Vancouver has a million people (not including the other 2 million in Metro Vancouver), there are only 2 Supercharger locations that are really old, in Downtown and with pay parking. There is not even 1 Supercharger outside of Downtown. I'd hardly call that "beck and call everywhere" and certainly not asking for the moon. Considering Surrey with 500k people and way less Tesla's has 5 all V3 Superchargers locations.

My guess why Van-City has no Superchargers, is likely due to extreme land value, most parking lots will be torn down for high-end condo's in the next few years and the City has older infrastructure. Not to mention, charging does not make the site hosts much money if anything due to the extremely low price of electricity in BC.

Still, surprised that Tesla has not been able to find not even 1 host in Van-City in all these years. In the city that has the most Tesla's in Canada! Very odd.

I agree that the problem is likely high land values and less cooperative land owners. I don't think the price of electricity has anything to do with it, as Tesla can set whatever price they need to in order to make the station viable, possibly even including a cut for the land owner. If anything, low electricity rates make this more possible.

Not a quick wait, that's for sure. We've had some long waits for superchargers to open (eg Castlegar, Osoyoos) but nothing like waiting for an entire building to be completed first.

On the upside if the render of the finished building and my estimations are to be believed then the wood top of your picture should be for them pouring the roof concrete.

• Informative
Reactions: NSTM3
I drove by today and it looks like something is wrong at this location. Construction of the commercial building has not progressed at all since May 2023, literally nothing has changed. Tesla may have dumped this location by now. Likely the site is for sale and new owners may not want to fund a Supercharger location here anymore.

Doesn't look promising anymore!