Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to supercharge our model 3 at the Burrard street supercharger today, and returned after an hour to the nasty surprise of a $85 parking ticket from impark. It didn’t occur to me that I would have to pay for parking in a proprietary Tesla supercharging station while actively charging. There is no signage, and there are no numbers in the Tesla stalls like there are in all the other regular pay to park stalls.

Not a happy Tesla customer right now.

IIRC you pay with your license plate number, not a stall number. And it's pretty clear upon entering the parkade that it's a paid parking area. It also usually says something like "Parking Fees Apply" in the Nav when it's a pay to park supercharger.

Anyways, not all superchargers offer FREE parking. There are quite a few others where you have to pay.

Went to supercharge our model 3 at the Burrard street supercharger today, and returned after an hour to the nasty surprise of a $85 parking ticket from impark. It didn’t occur to me that I would have to pay for parking in a proprietary Tesla supercharging station while actively charging. There is no signage, and there are no numbers in the Tesla stalls like there are in all the other regular pay to park stalls.

Not a happy Tesla customer right now.
That’s a private company issuing you a ticket on your car with out of province plates. I doubt they can collect, take it as a warning to pay next time...or not.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
I charged at this SC a few times. I normally pay for parking if I leave the lot to grab a bite, but if I'm staying with the vehicle, I don't pay for parking. If parking enforcement person would come, I would immediately pay for half hour parking using the HangTag app on my phone.

• Funny
Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
« Looks like the Vancouver Supercharger is now open. Somewhere around Burrard Street. Parking fees apply which I’ve yet to confirm rates » post by @doubles87 now I can’t see anything on Find Us and can’t see it on my car’s map because it isn’t in the garage.

If this Supercharger is close to Burrard Street, I would guess it being at the CF Pacific Centre, which no one cared to check despite my mentioning it, but anyways. @BlueShift just a warning now let’s wait for a photo on one of your car’s maps.
Beware, as the posts say it is pay for parking, and while I did pay for the parking for 1.5 hrs, i was 10 minutes late getting back to my car and Impark gave me a $65 CDN ticket for not paying on private property. BS, and needless to say they will be getting a sternly worked letter....

So watch your time and pay for the parking plus some.

Is anyone able to answer this user’s question?
B2FE2289-712A-433B-9539-E4C7A506087D.jpeg

Is anyone able to answer this user’s question?View attachment 377287

If you are ACTIVELY watching for the parking attendant to come by, then NO don't pay for parking and just unplug/drive off soon as you see him.
Regardless of SuperCharger (networked), Urban Charger (networked), or Destination Charger (non-netowkred = free).
If the parkade is not gated, drive on in and charge until the parking patrol shows up.