Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, WA - NE Vancouver Mall Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is at it again in Washington state! New Vancouver, WA location for a supercharger at the Vancouver Mall (8700 NE Vancouver Mall Dr, Vancouver, WA 98662).

Blackstone Construction again, they've been busy with a few other superchargers around the state.

https://www.managetickets.com/morec...UW5hXHQwgohb/tMz0hBgtfaoXygqhJI21S0NRBRtgqbYj

Map - https://goo.gl/maps/X1fPcpBQYzxyzmB88

"EXCAVATION SITE IS ON THE S SIDE OF THE ROAD. THIS IS IN THE MALL PARKING LOT DIRECTLY NORTH OF THE CINEMAS. NE 82ND AVE IS TO THE WEST OF THE LOCATION"

This location is sort of good and bad. It doesn't look like it'll be real busy (except probably for holidays etc) but it also doesn't look like many food options are close by. It would be nice if they install a few destination chargers in case people swing by to see a movie, but I suspect it'll just be urban superchargers. Maybe if you're here for 45 minutes it'll make it worth while to walk into the mall and find the food court or walk to a fast food place somewhere in the mall parking lot, but if it's 15 to 30 minutes, that probably won't be enough time. There are a couple options there though that you could get first and then eat in the car...

Jimmy John's, Starbucks (inside mall, far side of it from this location), Braganza Tea, Panda Express, Pholicious, Subway, Yoyumba, Wetzel's Pretzels... your standard mall junk. Also a red lobster in the parking lot, but would be a bit of a walk (other side of mall) and probably wouldn't have enough time...

Mall.JPG

Stopped at the other Vancouver location on my way to Bend right after Christmas. Is this one any nearer to I-5?
It's right off of I-205 at the mall. Probably not the easiest spot to get to though since you have to deal with the mall parking lot. I'm honestly pretty neutral on the location, I think they could have picked much better and much worse locations for it. I think the biggest annoyance is going to be that you can't access the mall directly from I-205. You technically have to exit onto WA-500 and then take the mall exit. Sometimes Tesla's navigation isn't the best when dealing with off ramps with multiple choices (a, b, c) and I worry that people will be missing this exit...hopefully they're not critically low on battery

The other Vancouver location (Salmon Creek Fred Meyer) is about as close to I-5 as you can get without literally being on I-5 though. Pretty good location IMO

Last edited:
One can dream.... but I would LOVE this location to be urban superchargers (or V2/V3) AND 6 to 10 level 2 chargers for people that might shop or catch a movie. Honestly superchargers are fast enough that you can’t really do much other than fast food or coffee... but still long enough (especially if you’re going to 80%) that it feels annoying to have to wait. If you could build in your recharge stop with a movie or shopping a little or something it would be pretty nice. You could get at least 13 to 17kWh during an average 2 hour to 2.5 hour movie stop.

Reactions: im.thatoneguy
Interesting location choice. I would have thought something right off of 205 that was easier to find also. The parking lot is big, but not that big. So I think you could still walk to the mall, have something to eat and be back in 30 to 45 minutes.

Interesting location choice. I would have thought something right off of 205 that was easier to find also. The parking lot is big, but not that big. So I think you could still walk to the mall, have something to eat and be back in 30 to 45 minutes.

Oh I totally think you can for fast food or food court style stuff, but the walk to Red Lobster and back probably would burn close to 10 minutes and that leaves 30 minutes or less in most cases for ordering food and eating...

It's wild that Vancouver gets a 2nd Supercharger before Portland! *Hands on my hips*

Maybe it's just that WA permits are easier to find...the OR site is rubbish.

I have no idea what’s going on with Oregon. I don’t think they had a single new supercharger site come online all of 2019. The OneCall lookup is used in Oregon as well (and I check for OR permits to dig frequently) but I haven’t seen anything pop up.

I went by the new Vancouver site today. It was pouring rain so I didn't take a pic. I believe the new SC to be located in the red circle below, just north of the theaters. There was spray paint on the pavement with "SC", "T" and "T SC" inside paint boxes. Pretty sure that's it.

Supercharge.info says 8 stalls. Only 4 parking spots had spray paint, but that may not mean much.

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 4.46.40 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 4.46.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 4.46.40 PM.jpg
    541.1 KB · Views: 45
I have no idea why they decide to put a 2nd Supercharger in Vancouver. Is the first one too crowded already?
The Salmon Creek super charger is usually quite busy. It’s probably one of the better spots to stop between Portland and Seattle. I usually stop at that Fred Meyer at least once per week and rarely do I see less than 4 cars there.