Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, WA - NE Vancouver Mall Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
God this was such a stupid mistake. They could have easily turned the chargers the right way and keep the existing parking lines. Someone in the installation group didn't understand where our charge ports are located. This lot has directional arrows that alternate on each row. Of course they could just reline but clearly whoever oversaw this was only familiar with Leafs of other ev's with front charge ports. You'll have two rows of parking going the same direction. Doubt that it will be dangerous or anything just could have been avoided.
You're misunderstanding the layout/orientation. This will work perfectly and the people who designed the site knew exactly what they were doing because they've designed literally hundreds of supercharger locations. This orientation preserves the one-way parking lanes that are extant in the parking lot and makes for much easier and safer entry/exit for the cars charging since the aisle is only one lane wide. But I admit that it is a somewhat unusual layout. And since you're by no means the only one having trouble visualizing what it's going to look like, I've spent a few minutes to draw it for you all with MS Paint (no comments on my artistic abilities, or lack thereof, please). The grey lines will be the final parking layout after they are done restriping. The pink dashes are the existing lines that will be removed. Red ovals = supercharger pedestals, green line = charging cable. The blue Model 3 is obviously parked back-in. If you're having trouble seeing how the cars will get into the spaces like that, see this comment from earlier in the thread.

Vancouver, WA layout.png

Vancouver mall 3/12/2020 update. The parking will be as above. I backed in and they used my car to mock up the location of the rubber curbs. Paving is done, bark dust applied, utility transformer in, talked to guy working there, he said a couple weeks still for the utility to finish off their work. Striping is not done yet.
IMG_20200312_155214773_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200312_154708795_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_154656737_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20200312_154656737_HDR.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 52
Vancouver mall 3/12/2020 update. The parking will be as above. I backed in and they used my car to mock up the location of the rubber curbs. Paving is done, bark dust applied, utility transformer in, talked to guy working there, he said a couple weeks still for the utility to finish off their work. Striping is not done yet. View attachment 521082 View attachment 521083

So today, they finished resurfacing the parking spots and painted the new parking lines. The power is not active yet.

Attachments

• IMG_0771.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0772.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
So, once again, they won’t put the parking stops back far enough. Looks to me like they should be at least 1 ft farther, and maybe 2 ft.
I'm not sure I agree with that. In the pictures of the destination chargers, note that it's where the charger is on the right side of the car that matters, and it looks like with the Tesla in the picture there, the charger is plenty close for the charging cable to reach easily.

Vancouver, WA - NE Vancouver Mall Drive Supercharger | Tesla

@Chuq @MarcoRP

This should be good enough to update supercharge.info. Stay at home order in WA right now which explains why no one has been out there to supercharge just yet.

I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to leave the house right now, but if you are driving through the area, maybe stop and verify and take a pic with the bollards lit up :)