Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vancouver, WA - NE Vancouver Mall Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this is the only supercharger I've seen where the cable/handle is backwards. from the car side, the handle is on the right instead of the left. when I went to try it out at 6am, my 6am brain was very confused. lol

Melinda on Twitter
ET9Y1KsUMAAeU0I

also is not yet shown in the car's display as an online supercharger.
Only reason I can think of is so the cable is not twisted when plugging in. The handle is pointed toward the car here, switch the cable position in the supercharger and the handle is pointed away from the car and has to be rotated.

Didn’t need to charge but thought I’d swing by and get some juice! Still should have some free miles left.
Looking at your picture, I like that layout so much better than a straight back in. 1) It encourages people to enter from one direction, making it obvious at a busy location where the line should form. 2) There appears to be much more slack on the charging cable than I typically see. 3) I'm not worried about backing up so far against the parking sign I cannot open the rear hatch (I'm thinking of you Leavenworth).

Is the mall paying for the destination charger electricity or is it coming from the Tesla power connection?
Typically the hotel or store pay for the power as an incentive for upper income Tesla owners to stay or shop. They may be upper income, but they are cheap enough to be attracted by free charging. They are aiming at local apartment, condo and house renters to shop while they are charging. A transient headed to Seattle wouldn't want to spend the time there on a destination charger, they will supercharge..

Interesting! Thanks for the reply

I’m curious if they’re operated by Tesla or if it’s kind of a hybrid of the destination program. Possibly Tesla offered for supply the equipment AND in this case the install cost (since they were building anyway) but the electricity is billed via the mall?

Normally Tesla just supplies equipment and the business covers the installation and operations cost...

I’m curious if they’re operated by Tesla or if it’s kind of a hybrid of the destination program. Possibly Tesla offered for supply the equipment AND in this case the install cost (since they were building anyway) but the electricity is billed via the mall?

Normally Tesla just supplies equipment and the business covers the installation and operations cost...
Not enough shops open to justify the electric expense.