Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope everybody is keeping the faith.
After just completing a 3k mile trip down and through Southern CA + NV, I now know just how many SuperChargers they have down there.
In the NW, we get EV anxiety if we dare skip one SC & hope we can make it home or to the next SC.

Down in Southern CA, there are SC a plenty! Today with 100Kw packs it's more like let's skip 2 and go to the 3rd or even 4th along the route!
That is what it will be in the future. Keep the faith... Tesla or whoever is blocking will get this open.
And there will be much rejoicing. [Still hurry up though...]
-TechVP

Reactions: bugZPDX
After just completing a 3k mile trip down and through Southern CA + NV, I now know just how many SuperChargers they have down there.
In the NW, we get EV anxiety if we dare skip one SC & hope we can make it home or to the next SC.

Down in Southern CA, there are SC a plenty! Today with 100Kw packs it's more like let's skip 2 and go to the 3rd or even 4th along the route!
That is what it will be in the future. Keep the faith... Tesla or whoever is blocking will get this open.
-TechVP
I get EV anxiety about missing an exit.

Most times this isn't an issue as the next exit is a few miles away, but one time it was 20-30 miles.

It's certainly made my percentage of missing my exit drop down to .01% from like 1-2%. Even with refusing to be one of those idiots that cross at the very last possible (physically speaking) moment.

-TechVP
The situation is so entirely different, it's very interesting. These discussions of needing all this data on the nav screen to show how full and busy a station is, so you can choose which one to go to is irrelevant for most of the middle of the country. Near me, they are spaced about 120+ miles apart. There is no skipping or choosing. But that also means that they are never full, so not having to worry about that is the upside.

Reactions: Mattzilla
No change today Friday Feb 2. I put a note on a cabinet asking them to call me when starting up. The construction was to supply a fiber optic cable to Freddies, NOT to the Supercharger.

KIMG0533[1].jpg

I was at the Macadam store when they were being offloaded -- wife got some pictures I believe. The guy at the store said there were actually 31 being delivered. Got to look at one up close when they drove it inside via the service garage door. Very nice!

The guy also said they get a lot of calls about what's going on with the Freddie's supercharger -- he thought it was something related to negotiating with the power company that was the hold up, but wasn't 100% sure.

[QUOTE="JamesBond, post: 2547513, member: 68244"
The guy also said they get a lot of calls about what's going on with the Freddie's supercharger -- he thought it was something related to negotiating with the power company that was the hold up, but wasn't 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

I was there when the PUD guy slapped the meter into the meter base and said they were done with their part.

• Informative
Reactions: Discoducky
So I called ADK Electric this morning. Thought we have been waiting too long. They were very helpful, it sounds like we are waiting on a part to be delivered from Tesla. Called a switch gear. I’m not familiar with electronics so I don’t know what that part does. Anyway we can put a little pressure on Tesla to deliver?

Called a switch gear. I’m not familiar with electronics so I don’t know what that part does.
in buildings (coming from an architecture standpoint), the switchgear is essentially the distribution point where the power enters [the structure], where the utility installs the meters, has master breakers and sends lines out to multiple breaker panels. totally over simplification, but in general terms it is like taking your typical breaker box and stepping it up.