Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in buildings (coming from an architecture standpoint), the switchgear is essentially the distribution point where the power enters [the structure], where the utility installs the meters, has master breakers and sends lines out to multiple breaker panels. totally over simplification, but in general terms it is like taking your typical breaker box and stepping it up.
Very helpful, well I hope Tesla ships this out soon!

it sounds like we are waiting on a part to be delivered from Tesla. Called a switch gear. I’m not familiar with electronics so I don’t know what that part does.
That's a more general term. You wouldn't say "a switch gear", because it's not really a gear. "switch gear" just means switching equipment. The usage is like a mountain climber says they have "climbing gear", just meaning their equipment.

Tesla Service in Portland this afternoon suggests it's something with the power company. For what it's worth. Nothing more definitive than that from the service tech I talked to today. Bummer.
Yes, this matches what they said to me last weekend. But the fact that the power company has been working on it recently (after apparently a very long time of inactivity) is definitely a hopeful sign.

VANCOUVER IS ON LINE! I was picking up a book at the library and a tech was pulling the yellow caution tape from each supercharger. He said it was tested and on line! He replaced a defective 1,200 amp main breaker to make it operational.
KIMG0546[1].jpg