TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Vandalism at South Bay Center / Boston?

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by appleguru, Aug 18, 2019.

1. appleguru

appleguru Member

Seems the South Bay Center superchargers may have a problem with vandalism... I can't recall a recent visit when at least two stations haven't been broken, despite Tesla actually seeming to be pretty responsive with maintenance.

Back in June, I reported 2A and 4A as being broken; they were fixed pretty quickly:
    image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

Today, it seems at least 3 pedestals are non-operational (4A, 4B, 5B), with at least one (4B) showing similar physical damage to what I saw a few months ago:
    58785063022__AA1D5B76-F339-4E77-AEF2-2BBC7773FD72.JPG

Has anyone else noticed this sort of thing (at this location or elsewhere)? Any chance it's accidental damage?

• Informative x 1
  2. glide

glide Member

Isn’t that location right next to the IBEW headquarters?

Maybe Tesla isn’t union-friendly.

3. appleguru

appleguru Member

Local 103 is down that way, yes, but barring some evidence I don't know that I'd jump to those conclusions... (for all we know the union guys are the ones doing the work!)

4. glide

glide Member

Isn’t that the whole point of starting a speculative thread on the Internet?

• Funny x 2