Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Veedersburg, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Hi all,

I have uncovered the location of the future Veedersburg Tesla Supercharger.

In an article from WCINews/NewsBug, it says that Tesla wants to build a Supercharger at the Casey’s gas station in Veedersburg (1020 E Second Street). A motion was made to move forward with Tesla (full quote and link below). No specific number of stalls was mentioned, but there is still enough information for this to go on Supercharge Info.

Veedersburg Town Council has January meeting
Tesla, according to Jordan Rhyne, would like to build a supercharger station at Casey’s gas station in Veedersburg. Mark Rusk made a motion to move forward with Tesla, Tom Harrison seconded the motion.

Reactions: mociaf9
Veedersburg, IN

Along Primary Interstates: I-74
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-41, US-136
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-74

To: Indianapolis, IN - 76.4 miles
Diversion: 2.1 miles
To: West Cincinnati, OH - 168.7 miles

Splits the 131.1 mile gap on I-74, between Champaign, IL and Indianapolis, IN.

Plus it is at an intersection of US-41 and US-136, so helps add to Superchargers found on US Numbered Highways.

Supercharge.info is showing this as under permit. Is that really correct? Has anyone actually spotted a building permit having been issued? I read the minutes of the January town council meeting, but it's unclear that this is the same as a building permit being issued. Building permits normally do not require action taken by a town council, although if there was a zoning issue, then that would likely require the item to come before the council.

Supercharge.info is showing this as under permit. Is that really correct?

"Permit" so far as supercharge.info goes is rather loosely defined. It's not always technically a permit, but rather a written confirmation that Tesla is planning a specific address. Sometimes it can be a news article, or a Facebook chat message with a business owner, for example.

Last edited:
Pulled into Casey's to check for any signs of construction Tuesday (March 9) and although did not see anything supercharger like, there were two Casey's employees at one of the gas pumps so I asked them if they knew any news on a supercharger planned for this location.
One of the employees said there was a guy coming in the next few days " to set poles " for the charging station and she even pointed to the north side of the lot and said that is where the chargers will go.
So hopefully.....

Hi all,

I have uncovered the location of the future Veedersburg Tesla Supercharger.

In an article from WCINews/NewsBug, it says that Tesla wants to build a Supercharger at the Casey’s gas station in Veedersburg (1020 E Second Street). A motion was made to move forward with Tesla (full quote and link below). No specific number of stalls was mentioned, but there is still enough information for this to go on Supercharge Info.

Veedersburg Town Council has January meeting
Tesla, according to Jordan Rhyne, would like to build a supercharger station at Casey’s gas station in Veedersburg. Mark Rusk made a motion to move forward with Tesla, Tom Harrison seconded the motion.

Attachments

• IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 144