Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Los Angeles, CA - Venice Crossroads (LIVE 9 Mar 2023, 44 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• DB823D17-9A7D-4042-AAF7-C3C7529DED47.jpeg
    DB823D17-9A7D-4042-AAF7-C3C7529DED47.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: Limited
The Google Maps street view car went by there in January, but they don't go up the ramp to the roof. So if you go around the corner you can see the cabinets and pedestals peeking above the wall, and down below at street level is a homeless encampment. A friend in LA says there are homeless camps all over the city, so I guess this is normal.

Attachments

• 2023,01_SuperchargerOnTopOfSprouts_HomelessCampOnOtherSideOfWall_GoogleMaps.jpg
    2023,01_SuperchargerOnTopOfSprouts_HomelessCampOnOtherSideOfWall_GoogleMaps.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 171
The Google Maps street view car went by there in January, but they don't go up the ramp to the roof. So if you go around the corner you can see the cabinets and pedestals peeking above the wall, and down below at street level is a homeless encampment. A friend in LA says there are homeless camps all over the city, so I guess this is normal.
Welcome to CA

Reactions: electrons4u
Let's stick to the Superchargers please. :)
I haven't visited CA in over 10 years and I'm thinking about taking a road trip there. I could focus on NoCal or SoCal, but I also might take the trip between the two on Hwy 1, which I've never done. I'd be using Superchargers, so I'm interested in where they are. I was surprised to see the homeless camp right below this new location. While I'm not that worried about physical safety, if a Supercharger was right next to a homeless camp, I'd be a little worried about someone vandalizing the car, especially if they came to beg for money and I refused. This location is different, because as a friend said after I showed him the image, "The elite hovers somewhere above the wretched homeless." Most probably they won't come up on the roof to beg, but who knows? I don't know if Tesla has guards at any Supercharger location, at least in the US. They might have to in some countries I've been to, where there are guards at shopping centers - in the parking lots and all over. Unless you have no choice, a prudent person would NOT pick a Supercharger next to a homeless camp if there was another one nearby with no camp.

You might say I'm paranoid, but not long ago in Denver I was approached after dark in a parking lot just as I was about to get back in my car. The lot was not brightly lit, and I suddenly thought, "Am I about to get mugged?" So I yelled at the guy to get away, and when he kept coming I yelled as loud as I could. I embarrassed myself because I've never done that before, but that stopped him and he went away. Was I lucky and was he just a beggar? I don't know, but I'm not going back to that store again. Similarly, I don't think I want to visit this Supercharger.

• Disagree
Reactions: Maaz
I haven't visited CA in over 10 years and I'm thinking about taking a road trip there. I could focus on NoCal or SoCal, but I also might take the trip between the two on Hwy 1, which I've never done. I'd be using Superchargers, so I'm interested in where they are. I was surprised to see the homeless camp right below this new location. While I'm not that worried about physical safety, if a Supercharger was right next to a homeless camp, I'd be a little worried about someone vandalizing the car, especially if they came to beg for money and I refused. This location is different, because as a friend said after I showed him the image, "The elite hovers somewhere above the wretched homeless." Most probably they won't come up on the roof to beg, but who knows? I don't know if Tesla has guards at any Supercharger location, at least in the US. They might have to in some countries I've been to, where there are guards at shopping centers - in the parking lots and all over. Unless you have no choice, a prudent person would NOT pick a Supercharger next to a homeless camp if there was another one nearby with no camp.

You might say I'm paranoid, but not long ago in Denver I was approached after dark in a parking lot just as I was about to get back in my car. The lot was not brightly lit, and I suddenly thought, "Am I about to get mugged?" So I yelled at the guy to get away, and when he kept coming I yelled as loud as I could. I embarrassed myself because I've never done that before, but that stopped him and he went away. Was I lucky and was he just a beggar? I don't know, but I'm not going back to that store again. Similarly, I don't think I want to visit this Supercharger.
I live in the area, and am very familiar with this location. It is a great and safe location for a Supercharger. The homeless encampment is a long-standing byproduct of the Public Storage across the street from the shopping center, since the Public Storage is happy to rent spaces for them to keep stuff. And since the shopping center is private property, the people living on the streets no better than to loiter there.

And the view from the rooftop makes for spectacular sunsets!

Earlier yesterday I saw a black Tesla parked in spot 3A, unplugged, with a large note on the windshield. The note said words to the effect of: Please don't tow. Tesla won't run. Tesla will pick car up soon. And the guy's first name and phone number. I also noted on my dashboard display that it said that 3A was currently not working. I was wondering whether the just ran out of power, could not start charging at that station because the station was not working, did not think of trying another station, and called Tesla to pick up the vehicle. If he just moved to another station it may have revived the car.

I wonder if anyone on here that frequents this location knows anything else.

Reactions: jsight