Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Venice, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Electrical Inspection has been scheduled for Monday (2/7) per permit search. Here's hoping!

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 8.18.13 PM.png

Just charged up. One of the stalls had definitely been iced. The parking lot is cramped already and so many people pulled up as if to park had to turn around. (There’s going to be a fender bender or two.) It was awkward charging in one of the restaurant’s prime parking spots during happy hour/dinner.
It’s an unfortunate location choice given all less “prime” parking not 10 ft away.

• Informative
Reactions: jrreno
Just charged up. One of the stalls had definitely been iced. The parking lot is cramped already and so many people pulled up as if to park had to turn around. (There’s going to be a fender bender or two.) It was awkward charging in one of the restaurant’s prime parking spots during happy hour/dinner.
It’s an unfortunate location choice given all less “prime” parking not 10 ft away.
I nominate this charger to the list of worse Tesla supercharger sites. (all of the above, plus the chargers impeded between the already tight parking spots)

I was there on Sunday the 21st. The chargers are so close to the outdoor dining that a diner talked to me in my car. "Hey buddy, you are the 3rd Tesla to come here to try to charge, and the others failed too". (granted, the in-car app told me the site was disabled, but I wanted to check it out).

The restaurant was packed, and so was their parking lot. Amazingly, even though the chargers are in the prime restaurant spots, only once was iced. But it didn't matter. I tried 3 bays and they were all dark.

• Informative
Reactions: X Fan
I charged for a second time at this location (both times were no problem).
In light of the conversation we had with one of the restaurant’s managers, I’m amending my “iced“ statement.
As you pull into the parking lot, the first 6 chargers are “mixed use”: signage states “30 minutes general parking”… the last two are for Tesla charging only.
He said there’s only been one real problem and it was a Tesla owner yelling (cursing) at the other cars/owners “icing” (not really icing) the spots. We were told the guy was asked to leave and the restaurant asked that he be banned from that charger.
It made me realize that I need to pay attention to ALL the signs posted… not just the pretty T.
Also, these superchargers were originally planned for the Wawa across the street, but the franchisee didn’t want them, so the restaurant’s owner “adopted” them.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9