Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vernon, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vernon, BC

Along National Highways: BC-97
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): None

BC-97

To: Kamloops, BC - 117.9 km
Diversion: 0.8 km
To: Cache Creek, BC - 196.2 km

To: Nakusp, BC (l,BC-6) - 197.9 km
To: Revelstoke, BC (BC-97, BC-97A, TCH) - 142.7km
To: Salmon Arm, BC (BC-97, BC-97A, BC-97B) - 55.2km

They are pouring concrete today. It looks like 12 stalls.

IMG_8552.jpg

IMG_8553.jpg

Nice. Well done with the photos! Looks like Salmon Arm is a little bit ahead of Vernon. I wonder which other stations are in action right now. Has anybody noticed any Flo charging stations at this Vernon location? There seems to be 3 Flo DC fast charging stations at the Salmon Arm SC's.
Judging by the posts are different at 3 parking spots, I’ll assume there is 3 FLO DC 50KW charging stations coming.

Yes it looks like 3 x Flo chargers in Salmon Arm and I guess likely to be 3-4 in Vernon. It was wise for the government to make this mandatory in order for Tesla to put in their Superchargers. Poor non-Tesla owners have to rely on extremely unreliable BIG-OIL Petro-Canada and Shell stations for fast charging. Those are down all the time while BC Hydro and Municipal (Flo + ChargePoint) stations are up almost 99% of the time. So good to see a mix of EV charging in one spot ... so great!!

Reactions: bolero
I find these things fascinating, so I am going to bombard you with more photos. :) The cabinets are all open, so you can see the transformers and other innards.

First, the Tesla Superchargers:

IMG_8728.jpg

IMG_8731.jpg

Next, the flo CCS chargers:
IMG_8730.jpg

Here's a view along the row of Superchargers, with the CCS chargers beyond. There is a curve to it.

IMG_8733.jpg

Lastly: cable being laid out, and a photo giving you an idea of how serious that cable is. (In case you're wondering, I am just reaching over the fence to take the photo).
IMG_8736.jpg

IMG_8729.jpg

I find these things fascinating, so I am going to bombard you with more photos. :) The cabinets are all open, so you can see the transformers and other innards.

First, the Tesla Superchargers:

View attachment 689787
View attachment 689790

Next, the flo CCS chargers:
View attachment 689789

Here's a view along the row of Superchargers, with the CCS chargers beyond. There is a curve to it.

View attachment 689791

Lastly: cable being laid out, and a photo giving you an idea of how serious that cable is. (In case you're wondering, I am just reaching over the fence to take the photo).
View attachment 689793
View attachment 689794
Are those aluminum wire? There are cheaper since copper wire gets stolen a lot...