Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Victor, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the new version of Supercharger | Tesla Motors shows that in 2015 Rochester is getting a Supercharger! Kind of surprised nobody has started a thread on this yet!

Pretty cool for us folks who live in Rochester, though with Buffalo and Syracuse chargers I'm not sure how useful/what hole it fills for travelers.

I'd like to see one down around Painted Post as that's the route to NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC and points South that many in Western NY would prefer, and there is a big SC hole in North Central PA, but even 2016 doesn't show one there.

Hopefully there'll be one by the time I get my model 3!

I'd like to see one down around Painted Post as that's the route to NYC, Philly, Baltimore, DC and points South that many in Western NY would prefer, and there is a big SC hole in North Central PA, but even 2016 doesn't show one there.

Ach, Corning/Painted Post would be glorious, but we can't even get Erie yet, so I wouldn't bet on seeing Corning, well, *ever*.

Could be that Tesla wants to eliminate range anxiety in the dead of winter when energy use tends to increase up to 30%. I wouldn't mind juicing up to 90% before I return to Amherst after visiting my Son and his family in Fairport during the winter! Don't take the 2015 timeline as engraved on tablets. Buffalo was originally set for 2014 but only got permitted in Nov. 2014 and didn't open up until a week ago. I'd much rather see progress on the Erie, PA Supercharger. That gap to Macedonia from Buffalo is a real challenge in the winter!

I was thinking the same thing about that one. You wanna start that thread?

Erie, PA Supercharger Updates

- - - Updated - - -

Lol. Of course you do! I find myself using the charge point at North Face, wondering why its not over near the movie theater and mall...

I suspect the Supercharger will be closer to the 90/390 interchange.

Where near that interchange are there the amenities similar to what is available at Eastview?

thanks!
Erie, PA Supercharger Updates

- - - Updated - - -

Where near that interchange are there the amenities similar to what is available at Eastview?

Marketplace mall, Lehigh and West Henrietta roads, East Henrietta and Jefferson roads, Jay Scutti plaza, Home Depot plaza, Genesee Valley Market, Henrietta plaza, Cohoes commons - all seem suitable and close to 390 and the Thruway.

Eastview really only serves local people headed East or returning to the east side of town better than a SC at 390/thruway. And it's way out of the way for folks coming from the South or Rochester headed West, or folks from the West headed South or to Rochester,

So the new version of Supercharger | Tesla Motors shows that in 2015 Rochester is getting a Supercharger! Kind of surprised nobody has started a thread on this yet!

Pretty cool for us folks who live in Rochester, though with Buffalo and Syracuse chargers I'm not sure how useful/what hole it fills for travelers.

I have a nephew that goes to school in geneseo, this would be amazing!

also if the Syracuse chargers are down as an example, Rochester would be great especially in the winter when traveling from Binghamton to buffalo.

this winter when I got my p85+ (cpo) I was still in summer tires and my wife wanted to get buffalo wings. I suggested we go to buffalo just for the hell of it because the weather was great.... until we got about 40 miles from buffalo and my wife said "this is bad with no winter tires". I couldn't go back because there are no chargers in Rochester to turn around so we went forward to buffalo chargers. thank god it stopped snowing or we would have been in serious trouble with 21 inch summer tires.

yes I checked the weather and it was supposed to be sunny all the way there... upstate ny weather.....

Last edited:
Several months after I asked, my son seems ready to move ahead on having a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in his garage at his place in Fairport so I can conveniently juice up when we visit. I'll reimburse him for his costs. Bet I see the outlet before we see a blue dot for the Rochester Supercharger.

Several months after I asked, my son seems ready to move ahead on having a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in his garage at his place in Fairport so I can conveniently juice up when we visit. I'll reimburse him for his costs. Bet I see the outlet before we see a blue dot for the Rochester Supercharger.

I don't think you'll get anyone to take that bet. My daughter in Walworth had a 14-50 installed before we even took delivery.