Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Victor, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you see the picture in the thread I linked to, @jrreno? It is below. These certainly appear to be Superchargers.
Do you know something we don't?

View attachment 213078
Ok, I got thrown off because there is also a Waterloo, Ontario Canada thread that was labeled Superchargers but turned out to be HPWC.

Reactions: Tedkidd
I would prefer something in Olean because I have a 60 but as stated, there is hardly anything between Erie and Binghamton other than Corning. I am attempting to make the drive from Erie to Ithaca (211 miles) in April for Easter. I've managed to far exceed my range in my LEAF but I'm struggling to drop below 320wh/mi in winter with my S. If I drive at 65mph or lower, it might be possible. Clearly we aren't getting heat either for that last leg (I plan on warming the cabin to sweltering temps while supercharging to 100% at Erie). Long story short, I really hope Tesla builds out I-86 now that I-90 seems good to go.

If you are driving out 90, you might have to just go up and get on 90 in Rochester. It will tack on some extra time, but at least you'll be able to make it with chargers in Rochester (soon) and Buffalo. I'd imagine 90 will be better maintained than I 86 as well in the winter.

I would prefer something in Olean because I have a 60 but as stated, there is hardly anything between Erie and Binghamton other than Corning...Long story short, I really hope Tesla builds out I-86 now that I-90 seems good to go.

Been keeping my eye out for progress on this stretch as well. Could be a reasonable expectation with Victor and Waterloo in the works.

No bets on a Service Center at Eastview, but Tesla now has a ranger that covers this area. I just had my car serviced this morning. Currently there are about 300 Teslas in western NY. Model 3 reservations take it much higher. I would expect to see a service center between Buffalo and Rochester - maybe Batavia.

Been keeping my eye out for progress on this stretch as well. Could be a reasonable expectation with Victor and Waterloo in the works.

Maybe some day we'll see Olean, Hornell, Corning, Binghamton for the 86 corridor.
Williamsport would be a great addition to support people using the I-99. It almost perfectly
splits Corning and Harrisburg without having to make the trip out to Bloomsburg.

For those in the Rochester NY area who own, or are curious about owning, a Tesla, there is a Meetup group called "Rochester Tesla Automobiles Meetup". We are relatively new, but have had three good engagements.

I invite you to join our group and come meet with us on March 21. The new Rochester-area Tesla Ranger has agreed to come meet with us. He's got years of experience with the company and is a very interesting guy.

Rochester Tesla Automobiles Meetup

For those in the Rochester NY area who own, or are curious about owning, a Tesla, there is a Meetup group called "Rochester Tesla Automobiles Meetup". We are relatively new, but have had three good engagements.

I invite you to join our group and come meet with us on March 21. The new Rochester-area Tesla Ranger has agreed to come meet with us. He's got years of experience with the company and is a very interesting guy.

Rochester Tesla Automobiles Meetup
Thanks for the link. I joined!

The silence is eeerie ..... I'm heading up there this weekend, so I'll swing by the Eastview Mall to see what there is to see.
Thanks! It sounds like your recon will be rewarded. I just called the mall security office and spoke with an officer who confirmed that construction has started. (He's never seen a Tesla and is curious.) If you can, please send a photo to [email protected] so that blueshift can change that blue dot to an orange cone!

Thanks! It sounds like your recon will be rewarded. I just called the mall security office and spoke with an officer who confirmed that construction has started. (He's never seen a Tesla and is curious.) If you can, please send a photo to [email protected] so that blueshift can change that blue dot to an orange cone!
Thanks for making the effort to call. I can't believe that none of my friends and relatives in the area have not sent me a picture, grrrrr!

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
IMG_5262.JPG
Please do!!
It's hard to tell but after circling most of the Mall this is the only active parking area construction, so it's a safe bet I think. Early days clearly, but using the Binghamton build-out as a model, we may be a little over a month away from this being operational (I understand that the timing largely depends on the efficiency of the local utility).

It's interesting to see that they sited this relatively close to a major Mall entrance, near Macy's. I was there around 4pm Saturday, and there wasn't an empty space in the immediate area - pretty high possibility then of ICEing during peak shopping times I would assume.