Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Victoria, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's useful for people with trailers or bikes on the back. However, I've noticed it most often gets used by lazy people. Just yesterday I saw a 12 stall supercharger with both pull-in stalls occupied and the other 10 empty. Neither Telsa had a trailer or bike rack.

New sign required... This stall for use by Tesla with trailer attached. If any other stalls are available, please use them.

• Love
Reactions: BerTX
It's useful for people with trailers or bikes on the back. However, I've noticed it most often gets used by lazy people. Just yesterday I saw a 12 stall supercharger with both pull-in stalls occupied and the other 10 empty. Neither Telsa had a trailer or bike rack.

I never thought of that. I have yet to see a model X with a travel trailer. What a pain in the *** that must be trying to supercharge it along the way. My local supercharger only has 4 stalls, all are back-in only. The driver would hope no-one else was charging so the vehicle could drive in forwards blocking all the spots and finish before anyone else shows up. Tesla should make a supercharger extension cord. ;)

Seems a little odd that they put them in an Urban charger installation. I guess the bike rack reason might still be useful, but I'd guess it is a pretty rare MX/trailer that pulls into a parking garage to charge with trailer still attached!

I’ll admit, when I bought my Tesla I did not know this and used these “convenience spots” until I saw it mentioned on the forum. I reckon a lot of owners do not know this either. Like others said a sign would work.

Reactions: MarcoRP
They are installing these spots for similar "accessibility for those with disabilities" reasons as the dedicated stalls. By putting them there, people who might otherwise have trouble getting to the cable in the tight confines between two cars have a wide open and flat area to work from. While they are certainly more useful for cars with bike racks, so far as I can tell that's not really the driving force for their install.

They are installing these spots for similar "accessibility for those with disabilities" reasons as the dedicated stalls. By putting them there, people who might otherwise have trouble getting to the cable in the tight confines between two cars have a wide open and flat area to work from. While they are certainly more useful for cars with bike racks, so far as I can tell that's not really the driving force for their install.

Source?

In my experience many of these head-in spots are not any wider on the driver side due to shrubbery, wall or some other obstacle (like the pillar in picture above) that would make it more convenient to plug in.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Yesterday’s photo that I found : chargers are being installed.View attachment 357761
And, today they've finished the chargers and are hard at work on the rest of the infrastructure. I didn't take a pic of the guys working (just to the right of the picture that doesn't show outdoors) because they were looking at me strangely enough taking the other pictures.

Victoria.SC-2.jpg
Victoria.SC-1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0 and MarcoRP