Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Victoria, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were working this afternoon, and looks pretty close to the finish. Active this week???

IMG_3255.jpg
IMG_3257.JPG

Last edited:
They were working this afternoon, and looks pretty close to the finish. Active this week???
It depends on when Tesla can get their Supercharger Squad to the site with a car, to test/label/bring online (aka "commission") the site.
And that's assuming there's a wired-in Transformer and meter next to the gear enclosure yet.

Will they fly in to Houston to do this one site before year end? Or drive and combine with other sites like "coming soon Slidell" later? We don't know.

Thanks for the pictorial update!

Last edited:

<snipped 1 photo>
View attachment 104957

The site-side construction looks done and clean.
But
- I can't clearly see cables in the stalls.
- From an earlier photo, beyond the "crate" (which contains the supercharger cabinets and distribution cabinet) is a pad for the transformer. Unfortunately, the vehicle in your photo obscures that pad so we can't see whether the transformer's there. The transformer and other electrical work can be quick or a wait.

The site-side construction looks done and clean.
But
- I can't clearly see cables in the stalls.
- From an earlier photo, beyond the "crate" (which contains the supercharger cabinets and distribution cabinet) is a pad for the transformer. Unfortunately, the vehicle in your photo obscures that pad so we can't see whether the transformer's there. The transformer and other electrical work can be quick or a wait.

The cables are definitely in the stalls, but can't say on transformer.

My insights:
That pile of gravel needs to be moved or re-moved.
Concrete paving needs to be cleaned, washed for all the construction markings, tire marks, etc.
Site needs to be re-striped for current car spacing configuration.
Red Fire-Lane striping may need to be refreshed/repainted.
Probably needs to have some sort of concrete wheel stops installed at each stall.
Final inspections by City need to take place, sign all outstanding permits.
Power has to be switched on by local Utility provider (really hope the transformer is already onsite and in place, otherwise, might take longer).
Tesla Technician has to come and do switch ON, and then do some final testing to certify it it is fully operational.

My take is it might be ready for Christmas (Friday), but every last detail has to be very coordinated and time orchestrated to work in the next three and a half days.
(Nobody works from noon on on Christmas Eve, unless you are in Retail.)

More likely, IMHO, this site will be ready before the end of the year.

Happy Holidays ALL!!!

Last edited:
Anybody have any updates on the opening? Supposed to drive down to the coast over the holidays. It's a long stretch from San Marcos.

My "Locals" (somewhat South of Victoria Proper) are driving Vic -> Houston so I have asked them to swing into the parking lot and check for the Transformer, Meter, and Stalls Lit trifecta. But I have heard nothing and it's not in the Nav yet of course. And they may not take the trip until the 25th. Any update will be posted here immediately.

Rick

From Tesla on 12-27-15...

"Hello,

Thank you for your email. The station in Victoria will not be open today, but we hope to open the station this week.

There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers and we are excited to announce new sites on our website and in your Model S.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Thank you,
The Tesla Supercharger Team"

SC_Owner_Announcement_wordmark.png
Supercharger-White-Clean.jpg
The Victoria, TX
Supercharger Station is Now Open
We are excited to announce that theVictoria, TX Supercharger Station is now open. New Supercharger Stations open every week, enabling more options for free long-distance travel, for life.

Details about all of our Supercharger Stations and destination charging locations can be found on our find uspage. Thank you for supporting the transition to sustainable transportation.

Notes on Houston-Victoria run, 56 degrees F and wet.

Weather would have been a further range concern prior to this SC. Nice to pay attention to these details instead of hugging the right lane and following tall trucks for aero but at a safe distance!

LTE active the whole way, I saw one bar occasionally but that was usually right under a cell tower, LOL

75 mph posted limit from Wharton County on south

Took advantage of the Rest Stop near Inez, it's nice to have a good 0-90 acceleration to get back on the road but I saw enforcement in the Crossover expecting this.

Nav is accurate in guiding to the SC

Beasley may be a good spot for the inbetween Supercharger on I-69.
Or possibly where 71 intersects, since that comes directly from Columbus. Rosenberg's intersections have more amenities but more Local Temptation too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451756934.259749.jpg

Into the Taper, later
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451757367.542118.jpg

Transformer Facts
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451796037.201420.jpg

Power drop from close pole
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451796057.183241.jpg

View from Lobby
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451796089.616003.jpg

Last edited: