Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Victoria, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Testing out the Victoria Supercharger. The location is decent but the eating options and facilities leave some to be desired. I walked across the street to McDonald's for a drink. It's a fairly clean and modern McDonald's. There's a Stripes/Valero also across the street which is a gas station with some snacks and quick food options. The La Quinta employees came out while I was charging asking if I was with Tesla; they were told they were on their way to test out the equipment. I mostly had 3-4 3G bars along the way but Slacker radio really struggled. I'll try to pull out the drone and snag an aerial shot of the area so you can see it's pretty barren.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451936641.299018.jpg

Last edited:
Was there this weekend. A bit disappointed that the Stripes does not have anything beyond the usual convenience store (some do). But there is an empty restaurant space next to it that may bring something better. And there is coffee and a small shop in the LaQuinta lobby.

Lip is not gigantic, but is noticeable.

Not a great place to spend a few minutes, but definitely a welcome extension of range south of Houston.

Reactions: benjiejr
Since I once complained bitterly to anyone and everyone who would listen about the lack of a Supercharger in Victoria, I'll go ahead and mention, even at this late date, that I've used this charger several times and I'm sooooooo grateful that it's finally on-line. It has made my trips between Houston and Corpus way more enjoyable.

The hotel staff have been very kind and accommodating. There's plenty of seating in the lobby with a big TV to watch if you're into that sort of thing. They have coffee and a little store if you need chips, a Coke, an ice cream sandwich, aspirin, or a pair of toenail clippers. The bathrooms were clean and they have a water fountain. I've yet to inquire about the hot tub. :)

The service station across the street has a small restaurant in it. I forget the name. It's not fancy by any stretch of the imagination and they had just opened when we went there so they were a little (ok, a lot) disorganized. The theme was Mexican and the price was reasonable. Works for me!

The service station across the street has a small restaurant in it.
I'll just re-quote the post where I quoted myself to recommend Mumphord's or KB's BBQ places. Pick the food up and bring it to the hotel lobby to eat while you charge. And tell them in person why they should open up a location by the Supercharger... :)

KB's entry today on Facebook:
KB'S has 2 locations open today from 11-2.
Our Houston hwy and Cuero Hwy locations are both serving the 14oz pit smoked burgers.
Houston hwy also has 16oz pork steaks and baby back ribs!

The Cuero Hwy location has FRIED baby back ribs. Beef ribs, and some special chicken and bacon or beef tenderloin street tacos!
Make your way out to one of our locations today for your QUE because we will not be open on the weekend.
KBkb.jpg

Last edited:
Saw a blue Tesla using it today! Wish I had some time to stop and talk (assuming the owner was in the car and actually wanted to be bothered LOL) but I was on the way to work. Searching for a MS PXXDL in my price range, hopefully soon!

Reactions: BerTX
Recent visit to the Victoria Supercharger. The 'pothole' at the entrance is getting worse. Talked to the LaQuinta hotel staff, who were very nice and curious, said it's on the 'list' of things to repair. You are better off entering the parking lot from S Laurent St versus Bottom Rd. Still much of nothing around.

Attachments

• 20170414_142226.jpg
    20170414_142226.jpg
    694.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 20170414_142102 (1).jpg
    20170414_142102 (1).jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 72
Does anyone know if the supercharger is working after Hurricane Harvey?

Someone on a Google Group I'm on had posted a photo of this location showing that the La Quinta was beat up pretty bad, but that the Superchargers were still up and running.

Edit: It was a PlugShare post that I saw this information. Here is a pic of the La Quinta that I believe was posted by "Sidney Ontai":

225547.jpg

Last edited: