Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A month or so ago, I was talking with a friend of mine. I don't recall how the conversation came up, but he was telling me about a guy that he knows that owns, or is a principal of, WAWA. He said that this gentleman is very partial to Tesla and gets what's happening re: demise of ICE. So, I would expect to see more chargers at more stores. Great stuff!. JMO.
The "guy" is probably:
Chris Gheysens - Wikipedia
I posted elsewhere the public statements by WAWA that they intend to build numerous stores with Tesla Superchargers as the base rather than gasoline. Anyway lots of WAWA located do not have any gasoline station facilities.

Great location! Close to 66 as well as 495 for long distance travellers.
Close yes, but LOTS of stop lights (and traffic) along 123. Vienna police love to setup speed traps on the more open section near the country club. Best to obey the painfully low speed limit there. Not sure how Tesla navigation routes to that location from southbound 495, but might be best accessed from 66 (depending on what construction on 66 will be like when this station eventually goes online).

Last edited:
Close yes, but LOTS of stop lights (and traffic) along 123. Vienna police love to setup speed traps on the more open section near the country club. Best to obey the painfully low speed limit there. Not sure how Tesla navigation routes to that location from southbound 495, but might be best accessed from 66 (depending on what construction on 66 will be like when this station eventually goes online).

Oh that speed trap. lol. That’s in front my residence. However can’t wait for the SC to open. It’s a 1.5 mile drive for me

well reading the article do they mean 3 more super charger sites in No. Va.? as part of the 40 new stores they want to build??? Does Wawa build many super chargers?

Yes they have quite a few along with Sheetz. I would imagine if this location goes well with a lot of Tesla traffic they will continue to invest in the Charging-Only store model.

So once this opens everyone support Wawa!!