Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Vienna, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm that this is officially open and not just the gate accidentally left open over the weekend?

nOnEO2y.jpg

/s

i was just there and took this photo. It is still a fenced off construction site. It should NOT be listed as "open" in my view - and I believe it would be considered illegal trespassView attachment 554939
My reason for not updating Supercharge Info. I would now wait until either Wawa has an official opening, Tesla says it’s open, or if the gates are fully removed. If any of those criteria match, I will add it

My reason for not updating Supercharge Info. I would now wait until either Wawa has an official opening, Tesla says it’s open, or if the gates are fully removed. If any of those criteria match, I will add it
I don't have a photo but a friend who lives in Vienna says the chargers now have covers over them making it crystal clear they do not want us there yet.

I'm wondering if @MarcoRP can change supercharge.info from temporarily closed back to construction so we can flag the "open" date when it truly opens. I like the criteria he supplied in the quoted thread. I feel bad about jumping the gun.

I feel bad about jumping the gun.
hi @theflyer Much appreciate your attitude here. I might have done the same. This is certainly a unique case that power was activated when property was technically off limits. Just goes to show we are all anxious for this SC to be officially opened. I suspect there is a higher ratio of tesla owners per SC in N VA than about anywhere in country - and clearly we need these to open soon.

I don't have a photo but a friend who lives in Vienna says the chargers now have covers over them making it crystal clear they do not want us there yet.

I'm wondering if @MarcoRP can change supercharge.info from temporarily closed back to construction so we can flag the "open" date when it truly opens. I like the criteria he supplied in the quoted thread. I feel bad about jumping the gun.
When the SC opens, we’ll put an official opening date. There doesn’t need to be one when the station is on temporarily closed.

For your visit, I think it should still count in the spreadsheet, as WaWa did leave the gates open so people could go in. I mean, until the criteria is reached, I won’t publicly mark it as open, but the hard hat and blueprint attempt could still work.

• Informative
Reactions: YYZ-IAD
I was just over there (on my bike so I could take my time observing). No changes that I see. Fences up, black plastic coverings.

I had not noticed this red banner before out front on Wawa wall "paused for now - still coming in 2020". I dont know if that pushes back what i heard was late July Wawa opening.

One contractor was inside on his phone. No shelves stocked. No predictions can be made from what I see.
IMG_6006.JPG
IMG_6003.JPG

I was just over there (on my bike so I could take my time observing). No changes that I see. Fences up, black plastic coverings.

I had not noticed this red banner before out front on Wawa wall "paused for now - still coming in 2020". I dont know if that pushes back what i heard was late July Wawa opening.

One contractor was inside on his phone. No shelves stocked. No predictions can be made from what I see.View attachment 561154 View attachment 561155

Just drove by the site, the one banner is still up but now it says opening July 16th above it. Gates are still up with the bags in place.

Just by again (on e-bike) for a closer look. Yep, July 16 banner very clear -- plus smaller sign on door is very specific about opening at 8am on that day.

At least 3 employees inside being busy. I saw coffee cups stacked up ready to serve. They look serious about making this happen soon.

So...one has to assume fences come down before the 16th. When do plastic bags come off the chargers? Is power on? Seems further recon required on the 14th, 15th, etc...

IMG_6013.JPG
IMG_6012.JPG

Reactions: vdiv and Big Earl