Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Visalia, CA #2 (under construction May 2022, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the listing you found is for the online permit application (the OPA prefix in the Permit number) which is in fact complete. But then it goes into the actual permitting process. Again, not sure why they are classifying this as an existing Supercharger location. Unless someone can drive by and show that this is no longer an empty lot that needs a lot of infrastructure work on top of build out of the rest of the site, I think this is just amending the existing permit to add a Megapack when the SC is actually built.

View attachment 758112
I'm going to go to Visalia this weekend and see if this lot is empty or not. I have a feeling it is.

Reactions: Mrbrock
Just took some pictures of the site as I was passing by.
IMG_20220214_172449573_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220214_172513181_HDR.jpg

This new site is literally 5 miles from the Traver superchargers, off the 99 (which was a crappy place to build a station to begin with). This new site is def a better location, but they should have put it in Visalia proper, off the 198, so if you are heading to the mountains, you have one last stop. If they wanted another one on the 99, why didn't they put it further south in Tulare? This site, just makes zero sense?

This new site is literally 5 miles from the Traver superchargers, off the 99 (which was a crappy place to build a station to begin with). This new site is def a better location, but they should have put it in Visalia proper, off the 198, so if you are heading to the mountains, you have one last stop. If they wanted another one on the 99, why didn't they put it further south in Tulare? This site, just makes zero sense?
Hey! Traver is one of my favorite stops. The charging is quick, shops are fun, and the restaurant is good. I just wish they had solar canopies because it gets so freaking hot there. Once Visalia opens up we'll need to do a comparison!

Reactions: Dave EV and 1100MCM
Traver is great, what other supercharger has goats? Super quick access off the highway too.
Going to Sequoia National Park from SoCal using superchargers is not so great. Going to Traver adds 30 minutes plus I had to charge to 90% to make it to Sequoia and back to Tejon Outlets. We need to have superchargers in Porterville and Bakersfield...
I guess this one will save about 15 minutes vs. Traver.

Hey! Traver is one of my favorite stops. The charging is quick, shops are fun, and the restaurant is good. I just wish they had solar canopies because it gets so freaking hot there. Once Visalia opens up we'll need to do a comparison!
Not a fan of Traver. Being next to a dirt field, especially when it's windy, means getting crap and even small rocks hitting the car.

I come from Hanford, so the closer the supercharger is to the 198, the better (for me).

Traver is great, what other supercharger has goats? Super quick access off the highway too.
Going to Sequoia National Park from SoCal using superchargers is not so great. Going to Traver adds 30 minutes plus I had to charge to 90% to make it to Sequoia and back to Tejon Outlets. We need to have superchargers in Porterville and Bakersfield...
It amazes me that Bakersfield has no Superchargers! That's just nuts.

Sequoia NP is one of the most challenging (unnerving) road trips. Visalia will help. Three Rivers would help even more!

Reactions: 2TNE
Ya this site is going to be quite awhile as they need to do roads and SCE infrastructure before they can work on the Tesla Supercharger site.

I have heard a rumor that across the street there is also going to be a Supercharger station that most likely will be energized before this one. When I drive up to Fresno again I will investigate to see if I see any evidence of it and also take a quick peak at this sites progress.

According to the diagram researched from @dbfish in message #22 and the nice superimposed artistic work from @sdoorex in message #24, there will be another group of Tesla Superchargers just right behind the 20 current ones: It's on the adjacent northeast with about 7 more. Notice that the diagram drew only 17 stalls instead of 20 current real ones that have been poured in with cement.

It might take a long time because there will be Comfort Inn & Suites on the Superchargers' west side, next to the freeway and freeway drivers won't be able to see the Superchargers because the view will be blocked by that 3 story building.

26VM6fw.jpg

Last edited:
Ya this site is going to be quite awhile as they need to do roads and SCE infrastructure before they can work on the Tesla Supercharger site.

I have heard a rumor that across the street there is also going to be a Supercharger station that most likely will be energized before this one. When I drive up to Fresno again I will investigate to see if I see any evidence of it and also take a quick peak at this sites progress.
In the first picture above, all the conduit is in place which means either a transformer is going somewhere on that pad or they have conduit running to where one will be. This could be a site like the newer I5 ones where it is dirt or gravel and turned on for holidays then when the rest of the project happens, they can pave it properly.